bracket under dash needs identifying

Started by mickl, September 25, 2011, 03:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickl

Hell, I have this bracket left over after reinstalling the heater and other items from under the dash of the Berlina. It is unlabelled and I am unable to recall its purpose now about two years after removing it. I should have taken lots of detailed photos and made notes at the time but it would have seemed so obvious then.
can anyone help identify it`s purpose and location please? Glasses in pic to indicate rough size of bracket.
Mickl

mickl

I have just discovered a second unknown bracket which must have come from under the dash or console. It is a bit longer than the one in the first post and is about 300mm long and 15mm wide, is mostly straight but with an upturned z bend at one end with a bolt hole. The straighter end has a slot for a bolt. I thought it may have something to do with the parcel shelf but its shape is not quite correct to support the shelf, and it already has 3 attach points.
I know the description lacks clarity but I am having trouble attaching a photo to this post. I keep getting "cannot access upload path" messages despite using two different sources for the photos.
Maybe someone has a set of drawings of detailed parts in exploded view or knows where I can get a look at some on the net??
Help needed please.
Mickl

Evan Bottcher

Hi Mickl,

Sorry there was a problem on the forum due to some nice upgrades by the hosting company.  I didn't notice that attachments (and avatars) had stopped working.  It's fixed now and I've tested that attachments are now working.

cheers,
Evan.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

mickl

Thanks Evan.......just attached the pictures successfully
Regards, Mickl

giulia_veloce

mickl

Thanks for that, don`t have the owners booklet for the alpine stereo which is installed but that suggestion could pin the longer bracket maybe. I have decided to move on and reinstall the console etc anyway and if something wobbles about later then maybe search further for the purpose of these brackets.
Bit of sill trim and front seats to go and then I should be looking for a blue slip in a week or so.
Mickl