Wanted 105 GTV indicators

Started by Mr Frog, September 29, 2011, 10:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Frog

I am chasing a pair of complete front indicator assemblies (with lenses) in good condition for my series 1 1750. They are the type that fit onto the bumper bar. Many thanks in anticipation.

Davidm1600

You do realise you can buy new ones from Classic Alfa, Alfaholics etc, and given our exchange rate with the UK pound, could be worth considering, given less hassle in trying to find some second hand ones, which might need a little work, or at the very least replacing tired lens.  Just a thought.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Evan Bottcher

David: I don't think you can buy the complete assemblies from Classic Alfa, Alfaholics.  They do stock repro lenses.

I got one NOS complete assembly from Rob Panetta in Sydney (02) 9939 2069.  You might also like to ask in the parts wanted section on AlfaBB.com.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Mr Frog

The UK suppliers have no RH assemblies at present. I wanted to get some sooner rather than later as the car is going in for some other work today week.

branko.gt

i have a set with a bumper attached if you interested,
bumper slightly bent and lenses slightly faded.
could do with a polish

Davidm1600

Quote from: Evan Bottcher on September 29, 2011, 01:20:26 PM
David: I don't think you can buy the complete assemblies from Classic Alfa, Alfaholics.  They do stock repro lenses.

I got one NOS complete assembly from Rob Panetta in Sydney (02) 9939 2069.  You might also like to ask in the parts wanted section on AlfaBB.com.

Hi Evan, I just checked the Classic Alfa site, and they sure do have the complete units, not just the lens.  55 quid will get you what you need.  A new lens is 18 quid.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

'76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Evan Bottcher

They sure don't.  Mr Toad is after a pair of indicator assemblies for a "series 1 1750".  These attach to the bumper bar, not to the body like the series 2 and later cars.  These are not listed on the Classic Alfa site, as far as I can see.  

Classic Alfa sell complete units for the series 2 or later cars for 55GBP (part # LT010/LT011). I think that's what you're looking at David.  If I'm wrong, can you send a link and product code?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Davidm1600

Evan I think I stand being corrected.  Sorry re that.

It is funny though as from the photos on the Classic Alfa site it looked like a S1 front indicator body, given the curvature on the end, and especially since they carry the correct lens as well.  My memory of the S2 front parklight/indicator was that it was straight hence the assumption made.

So I checked all the other UK suppliers and it is exactly the same situation, it would appear you can get everything you need re lighting, including the rear light frames etc but not a s1 1750 housing.  How dumb is that. I wonder if there is possibly a supplier in Italy for the correct ones ??

I also checked the two main US suppliers, Centreline (nothing there) and IAP (International Auto Parts).  According to their website, they say they have the correct lens/housing complete for $108 for a '69 1750 GTV, but there is no picture to confirm this is actually correct.

So, given this Branko's offer would appear the best option if they were needed in a hurry, that is unless you get lucky on ebay re NOS or a decent set of second hand ones.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

'76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

alfagtv58

Quote from: pancho on September 30, 2011, 07:33:38 PM
I know of some nos ones.

Pancho, you are truly the nos master, I am beginning to think you have a time machine.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: Davidm1750 on September 30, 2011, 06:16:54 PM
I also checked the two main US suppliers, Centreline (nothing there) and IAP (International Auto Parts).  According to their website, they say they have the correct lens/housing complete for $108 for a '69 1750 GTV, but there is no picture to confirm this is actually correct.

US series 1 1750 GTVs had a different indicator, fitting UNDER the front bar.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

pancho

to be sure for Mr.Toad - If some of the 1750 boys can post pics or part numbers that would make things easier.

If I had a time machine - oh boy - collecting NOS parts would be the last thing I'd be using it for  ;D

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: pancho on September 30, 2011, 08:25:39 PM
to be sure for Mr.Toad - If some of the 1750 boys can post pics or part numbers that would make things easier.

I'm pretty sure Mr Toad knows what he's after, but for the sake of amusement here's a couple of pictures of mk1 1750 indicators.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

pancho

sorry, I should have made myself more clear.

"In order to assist in locating the parts for Mr. toad can someone post pictures/part #'s"

Does this lens look correct ?