156 JTS Faults

Started by colcol, October 01, 2011, 10:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcol

Can you beleive it!, i have found a fault with my 156 JTS, can't Alfa Romeo get any thing right, the cars only 9 years old, here is a list of faults so far, Cam belt has to be changed every 3 years or 60,000klms, the engine oil is very expensive 10-60  fully synthetic, whats wrong with Castrol GTX from K-Mart?, and i have to check the oil level every week and usually put one qaurter of a litre every month, Alfa's dodgy quality control means they left the back door handles off and i have to climb in the back seat through the front, and now the latest calamity, the date display on the digital readout is wrong, it clearly states today is OKT 1st, when we everyone knows its OCT the 1st, and don't tell me to change the language setting because if i want to swear at it i will, has anybody have a suggestion for this latest problem?, yours faithfully a clearly angry Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Evan Bottcher

http://translate.google.com ?

It says that "select language" is "Sprache wählen" in Deutsch.  Did you let your niece fiddle with the computer?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

bix

If you want to swear to your car in German, then "Scheisse" is always a good start.

ALFAAA

A Italian car that only understands German, Thats priceless ;D
Current :2004 916 V6 3.2 Spider (baby)
             :Alfetta GTV6 1984 3.2 24v
             :2024 Tonale Veloce SUV

Past       :Alfetta GTV  1977
             :147 Selespeed 2002

colcol

The digital display is in English and everything works fine in English until October, when the display still works in English except for displaying OCT as OKT, i am not angry about it, just amused, i am sure it wouldn't happen with a Toyota, but i don't wear beige cardigans [yet], Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

colcol

Now thats its October or as my digital display says 'OKT', have any JTS owners have the same problem, or did mine skip the language class that day, Colin.
'

bix

Colin,
Ever since Alfa decided to incorporate "foreign" parts in their cars this has been an issue! With German electronics, Japanese spark, American blocks etc, who knows what language they are supposed to speak! I wish they would go back to the exciting days of the past, when it was all Italian and you never knew for sure if you were going to reach your destination.

jimay3677

Haha. Mine says okt too but everything else is English. Kept trying to change the language, must be a typo. In regards to oil try penrite hpr10 mine barely burns a drop unlike castrol edge that gave my car a hang over from how much it drank. 2000k and still at full (it's driven at 100km 7 hours a week)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

bendover

So whats the problem My brother in the UK has a merc that only speaks in German.

Its funny when he tries to use the satnav.

And i was going to by a 156 JTS and you talked me out of it, cheers.

colcol

I have been using Penrite 15 - 60 and it seems to use less than Mobil 5 - 50 or Castrol Edge 10 - 60, no big deal though, just mention it.
Bendy, with the information control showing 'OKT' instead of 'OCT', i now wish i hadn't purchased the car, as every month after 'SEP' and before 'NOV', i don't know what month it is, typical shoddy Alfa Romeo quality control, Colin.

jimay3677

The okt isn't something I'd call a fault. Intermittent sunroof buttons not functioning on the other hand.....

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Alfa156Melb1

Haha my JTS speaks perfect English but my GTA has a German accent like yours Col..

I gave up trying to work out these Italian quirks years ago :)

alfamisa

Quote from: colcol on October 02, 2011, 01:51:20 PM
The digital display is in English and everything works fine in English until October, when the display still works in English except for displaying OCT as OKT, ...

I think I have a reason why. Firstly it's the Dutch OKT for Oktober (just type OKT into google translate and it detects it as Dutch even though it's spelt the same in German) and why Dutch in an Alfa?

To commemorate the month in 1970 the Euro Touring Car Championship was won by...the "Flying Dutchman" Toine Hezemans driving the GTAm. ;)
The Alfa Romeo heritage "rinascimento" (renaissance) continues in each and every new model...the first "rinascimento" being 1915.