V-8 Car of the Future

Started by colcol, October 03, 2011, 09:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcol

MD, we would all like to see that, but the knuckle draggers would get upset at the thought of an overseas car beating a local car, and Alfa and Nissan would have to install a $17,000 'crate' motor, crated in from Mexico, can you imagine a Alfa Romeo with a 2 valve per cylinder pushrod motor, thats why 'Car of the Future', has only 2 makers involved, and with Falcon sales tanking, how long can Ford stay in taxi racing for?, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

colcol

A piece of chat in today's Drive section of the Age that Chrysler are considering entering the V-8 Taxi race series, it is not clear whether to race or or to be the Safety car, Chrysler have increased their advertising budget this year to try and increase their market share, with the Jeep brand particulary, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

colcol

The Age, 27-1-12, "Chrysler Ready to Rumble", American car maker Chrysler has become the first brand to declare interest in joining Holden and Ford in the V-8 Supercars Championship. The President and Chief Exeutive of Chrysler's Street and Race Technology arm Ralph Gilles confirmed the attraction at the Detroit auto show this month, "I am extremely interested [In V-8 Supercars]", Gilles is quoted on the V-8X Magazine website. Chrysler is beleived to be interested in the championship with its next generation 300C sedan in June, Colin.

colcol

From the Age sport section, 31-1-2012, ROGERS CHRYSLER LINK, V-8 team owner Garry Rogers has confirmed he's in talks with Chrysler and could be racing the American manufacturer's 300C sedan in the championship in 2013, Rogers who has raced Holdens as a team owner since his debut in 1996, said while nothing has been confirmed talks were well advanced, Colin.

funniest thing

That will be interesting as the mopar following is very strong here in oz. The ford/holden fraternitys won't be able to moan about that too much.  8)

david sammartino

I just cant wait for the chinese to get wind of it all, i mean how good would it be for a Great Wall to win bathurst. Would really russle a few feathers and im sure they have the cash and resources to make a road car v8 so that they can go racing.

Hahhahhaha funny but possible

colcol

I have to say the Fujitsu Valvoline Garry Rogers team has always been a favourite of mine, nearly 20 years ago when he was running in the 2 litre Super Tourers, he invited the Alfa club along to see the car he purchased to run in the series, A ripper of a car, Alfa Romeo 155, Super Tourer he purchased from Italy, we got a record crowd that night, and we joined up the driver Steven Richards to the Alfa club, [now a V-8 Endurance driver], and i was at Calder a few weeks later and he turned up with the team, with the 155 on the back of the trailer with "ALFA ROMEO OWNERS CLUB" sticker on the back of the car!, i slightly favour Holden in the V-8 series, as they supply V-6 and 4 cylinder engines for our 159 series cars, if they start running Chrysler 300C's next year, then its family, as our parents [FIAT] own half of the Pentastar mob and they are Alfa Romeo's new engine suppliers for the 159 series replacement  go 300C!, Colin.

colcol

Hey David Sammartino, if the Great Wall car company get involved, it could happen, as 'The Car Of The Future',cars are all the same with different composite outer panels and a grille to identify the type of car, get a good team like SBR or T8, who know what they are doing, then anything is possible, can you imagine the victory podium when the championons wreath is handed to the winning driver of The Great Wall Dealer Team, priceless!, Colin.

funniest thing

Just another little bit of nonsense trivia on Gary Rodgers, my 350z belonged to him when it first arrived in the country. the company director of the business i used to work for bought it from him. :) And i had first dibs after that  ;D.

Andrew.

colcol

More trivia nonsense on Gary Rogers, had a mate who used to work for him selling Datsuns about 35 years ago, Gary was away on holidays, and this guy was dead keen to go to a party one Saturday arvo, and in his haste to get away, left the 'key board' out on the main forecourt, that is all the keys to all the cars, came in Monday and Gary was waiting for him with a please explain, but all the keys were still there, and not one car had been stolen or got at, more honest people then, Colin.

colcol

And Gary's Fujitsu Valvoline team is one of the few V-8 Supercar teams that have open days, when you can have a tour of the race team headquarters, i was there at the old Springvale road race place, when our tour guide was then driver Garth Tander, if they race the 300C, we will have to support it as its almost a Lancia, Colin.

alfagtv58

1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Brad M

I've read a few articles now on the speculation about Crysler and now confirming Nissan ... I wish the muppets writing the articles would do some research.

They don't seem to either realise of want to say it ... but the cars are technically the same (excluding the shell).

Talking about the fact that Nissan doesn't have a 5litre V8 in their production car is irrelevant.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

colcol

The Nissan  bodyshell will be using the same pushrod, 2 valve 'crate' motor that the Commodore and Falcons teams will be forced to use, the last time Nissan or as it was known as Datsun used a pushrod motor was in the Sunny, and that motor was so old it was built under licence to BMC, to all you kids, that was British Motor Corporation, so no Manufacturer DNA, the only difference will be the body, i usually look at the sponsors, so i know what car i am looking at, Colin.

alfagtv58

Quote from: colcol on February 09, 2012, 08:07:23 PM
The Nissan  bodyshell will be using the same pushrod, 2 valve 'crate' motor that the Commodore and Falcons teams will be forced to use
Quote from: colcol on February 09, 2012, 08:07:23 PM
so no Manufacturer DNA, the only difference will be the body.

Not according to this colcol

http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/02/10/target-set-for-nissan-engine-program/

Quote"It'll be an engine based on what we do have from our road car family, absolutely. We've got some large capacity V8 engines in the USA, we also have a 4.5 litre V8 that we can utilise as well, so there are some options that we are working through.

"Those final decisions have not yet been made as part of the recent discussions with (Nissan performance arm) Nismo and so on, but we will very soon confirm the engine, and then Kellys can start working on it."

I think it's great, I welome Nissan into the category, if they didnt bring something like this in soon the series was going to implode.  It needs this freshen up.  I know the knuckle draggers will moan and complain, but bad luck.  I cant wait to see an overhead valve start to beat the dinasour pushrods......they will get knobbled (just to please the bogans), but I just hope it isnt too much.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti