2011 Alfa Romeo Spettacolo

Started by AgeG, September 30, 2011, 08:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AgeG

Guys any reason why AROCA Vic didnt advertise the upcoming Spettacolo in unique cars magazine this month.

I would have thought it would be the first place it would be promoted to the community outside us Alfisti.
1989 AR 33 1.7ie Red
2005 Citroen C4 Grey
1985 Alfa Romeo GTV6 Silver
2012 Abarth 500C EsseEsse

Evan Bottcher

I don't think the tone of your post will be well appreciated.  Are you expecting a list of reasons?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

massiveluvbuddy67

Hi AgeG,
As volunteers on the Committee, we are always looking for suggestions and ideas to help promote the Alfa Romeo brand. As a club, we have many opinions expressed and these are absolutely encouraged on the forum, club nights, EMR and other club events. Thank you for your suggestion. On page 124 of this months Unique magazine we do not have an entry. This is regretable. Any assistance to rectify next year would be appreciated as we are three committee members short at the moment. (I am happy to chat about the opportunity).

The organisers of Spettacolo have done an exceptional job in acquiring a  superlative location, presence of unique interstate cars, guest presenters etc. Many thanks to John Hanslow and Martin Sifridi.
Best Regards
Phil Nash
Secretary AROCA Vic. Inc.

pancho

Phil - just out of curiosity - do the Victorian (or other states) Alfa Romeo dealeships promote any Alfa Romeo car shows that are held?

actually - is it possible for anyone to list where the club advertises so we can all perhaps pitch in and make suggestions of where might be a good idea without doubling up ? just an idea.

GTV-074

Evan,

Take a chill pill mate......

I don't think AgeG meant any harm for goodness sake.

Seemed a perfectly legitimate question and one he was just "asking" without any malice as far as I can see.

Phil has given a detailed response and thats fine but I for one didn't sense any nasty "tone" in the question.

Cheers,

Paul.
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?

EZEE

My 2 cents on the subject of car clubs and promotion - there is always more that can be done or a different way of doing things but after all most (all?) people involved with car clubs etc are volunteers. I spent a fews years a decade ago with AROCA NSW. Took a lot of time and effort to do things. I intend to go back to it though. Time is precious these days for all of us. However the more people get involved in clubs the more things get done. So maybe thats the answer.

Last weekend the Maserati Club had a display day here in Sydney (I am an owner, though no emails, invites etc) - I looked on the net when I heard a whisper but couldn't find details anywhere. So didn't go. Is it anyones fault? Not in my opinion......stuff happens

I am coming to your Spettacolo though - made sure I got the details early and booked the family in. I am trying to coax some mates to come along as well. What am I trying to say?

Not sure!........ too tired after a hectic week at work and just trying to relax - this car stuff is a fun part of life, let's enjoy it!

Emmanuel

Storm_X

"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

John Hanslow

Hey guys, let's take a step back and look at this again from a distance.

AgeG your are correct.  But the club is run by volunteers so things do not get done by key people due other commitments or unexpected contingencies.  

The thing is I have really been pushing the open door 'inclusive' policy to get more cars, members and non members onto the field and make Spettacolo an Alfa day to remember.  More people, more cars, more work involved.  All interstate Alfisti have been invited to the day and dinner the night before so more activities to organise - more work.

Example - is instead of 25 cars in the Wash 'n Shine and say 1 in the Concorso in 2007, we now had 87 cars in Wash'n Shine and 4 in Concorso in 2010.   That means extra work on the day let also all the planning that goes into it.  We simple just can not do all that we would like.

As the Club is heavily involved in the Winton 6 Hour held just a few weeks before Spettacolo and due to change in venue and date, we end up with more challengers and a smaller time window which meant some things did not get done.  So I have support of many great people - volunteers but truly more needs to be done.   Any one interested to donate say 30 mins of their time, please message off line me with contact details.

SO GOOD NEWS NEXT YEAR  !!!

The week after Spettacolo I am having a debriefing to look at its success and review the day.  This will be used to set the standard and action plan for next year.  

Following this we will set up a new interest group like "Alfa Salon" to organise and support a whole range of displays, shows, Concorso style events  like attending Auto Italia in Canberra and have a seamless structure developing throughout the year to culminate in a first class events like Spettacolo.  An example will be to support next theme ( say 50th Giulia anniversary) from the first display in Jan to last display in Nov.

This will be for the express purpose of building a strong network and culture where club members support each other for then greater benefit of the club in the world of Alfisti.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

pancho

Hey John,

Although I am not a club member yet I'd be prepared to donate some of my time to the club. PM me and we can take it from there. I assume you have a list of areas that you may need some time assistance with.

John Hanslow

Thanks Panco.

I will be posting up a list soon of key areas where we need someone to donate say 30 minutes of their time.

Cheers
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Gary Pearce

Not an issue really most people in the past appear to be more responsive to the Friday issue of 'Drive' in the Melbourne Herald-Sun. I guess it gives owners and spectators time to evaluate the weather forecast etc etc.
The event has been advertised extensively on this Forum and I would like to congratulate the committee for arranging the new venue. This St Kilda Rd venue would have to be one of the most picturesque car show sites in Australia.
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe

AgeG

Sorry Evan meant nothing by that question I subscribe to the magazine and am a member of the club so I thought I could ask.

1989 AR 33 1.7ie Red
2005 Citroen C4 Grey
1985 Alfa Romeo GTV6 Silver
2012 Abarth 500C EsseEsse