2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

shiny_car

Wow, I would consider that cheap, even allowing for differences in the markets between here and the UK.

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

Davidm1600

There is one here in Hobart, owned by a mate, and fellow CMI member Kim Briggs.  I also believe a second one will be in the State up north (Launceston) in the near future if not already, owned by an AROCA member, Mark Baigent.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

shiny_car

One of them could be an SZ that I know was for sale recently. The price was not unreasonable either, though significantly more than the cost in the UK.

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

dehne

I want one, they are awesome looking, go like funk and the sex appeal  (MMMM oh yeah)
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

LaStregaNera

Would love a SZ, pity they're not able to be registered in Oz.
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

Davidm1600

But they are able to be registered here in Aus, well at least in Tassie for sure, under what is labelled Rally SI (Special Interest). There is another scheme called Race SI but that category is pretty useless as it means you can only use it at Race Tracks etc.  With Rally SI you can use it on the road as per any other car, and in Tassie the SI scheme allows you to use it up to 52 times (1/wk) etc.

My brother has his LHD Lancia Delta Integrale on the same scheme.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

'76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Anthony Miller

Does that mean some one in Taswegia could legally put the 8C on the road,or are there some age restrictions like the vic CH plate scheme?
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

f1worldchamp

Some one needs to build a kit car version of this so we can transfer over the mechanicals from a 75!
Current:
2006 159 JTDm
Past:
2000 GTV 2.0 Twin Spark
1973 1600 GT Junior
1987 Alfa 75 2.5

Run with the bulls
Swim with the Sharks
Race with the Italians

Davidm1600

Quote from: Anthony Miller on November 04, 2011, 10:00:45 AM
Does that mean some one in Taswegia could legally put the 8C on the road,or are there some age restrictions like the vic CH plate scheme?

I don't know Anthony, but I suspect it might be possible to register an 8C ?? Certainly the SI scheme in Tassie is normally for cars over 30 years old. But as mentioned there is the Rally SI scheme here as well, and given that I have seen plenty of late model Nissen GTRs, Evos, let alone my brother's Delta Integrale etc that compete regularly in club events etc down here on SI plates.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

'76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

echo1750

The current count is 2 in Sydney, one in Melb & one in Tas.

There is another that has been bought & that will be heading for Tas once its' import doco is sorted, possibly in the next 2 months as it has already been 3 months since the process was started. One of the Sydney cars came from Europe, maybe Germany (can't remember was about 12 months ago) & all of the others are ex Japan.

The current count in NZ is 3 with 2 recent arrivals.

A recent email, rec'd 28 Oct:
Here are now 3 SZ's in NZ – 1 in Christchurch & 2 in Auckland with the most recent arriving this week – this one needs some work though as the electrics & the dash does not work. The door seals need replacing & there is a small crack in the bonnet & the windscreen needs replacing. Those are the most obvious issues, so there maybe more. Fortunately, a new windscreen came with the car.

CU Kim

massiveluvbuddy67

The 25 year USA DOT/EPA embargo expires on the 1989 cars in 2014. Then the US Alfisti will then likely go ballistic on importing these cars.
I first saw this car in 1989 in a magazine whilst overseeing Yr11 exams. It rocked my socks off! Sure they polarise people BUT that was the intent. No focus groups to modify or refine the design to suit 1980s public opinion. It was built as a styling exercise and had suspension developed by the Lancia Stratos engineer (name escapes me after a couple of bourbsters!  ;D). It drives, grips and performs like a true Alfa.
Bravo!
It is unique and creates debate.
The more the merrier.

L4OMEO

QuoteFortunately, a new windscreen came with the car

Just as well - I can't see these being a stock item at O'Briens  ;D
2002 156 GTA

echo1750

Windscreens are available in Europe, are the same as the Lancia Hyena, maybe 1500 euro+/-?

Headlights are impossible, there is one new set in England & he turned down several thousand pounds for them a few years ago. They were only used for the SZ & Aston Zagato.

Re pricing, the cheap ones out of the UK are quite tired & will cost you about the same as a good one by the time it is sorted. The cheapest are/were around 15k pounds, but in the last 12 months there have only been a couple for sale. They are now typically around 20k+ for a good one& up from there depending on condition/mileage/history. There was one in the US 2-3years ago for US$15k, which is the cheapest that I have seen, but it must have been dodgy at that price??

I agree with Phil, they are an interesting & well developed AR, so buy them now whilst our $ is strong & b4 the US demand builds. There were only a 1000+/-, at least 3 have been written off & only a few are on the market each year.

CU Kim

LaStregaNera

I wouldn't exactly call "Rally" rego being able to register them.
Of course, QLD flat out doesn't even have race or rally rego.
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6