TS MAX REVS ?

Started by MD, November 10, 2011, 09:15:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MD

Vin I accept your wisdom on this score and if you get a chance to provide the specs, that would be useful as I have done the conversion (oblivious) in the race motor with  rev cut off at 7200 rpm without problems. Now, I am either more arsey than Paris Hilton or perhaps it's not that critical but nevertheless, good practice would dictate getting it right.

Either way you look at it, pressing the shaft out and creating a keyway on the original assembly or realigning the 105/116 combo is not going to be $2 exercise but then how much is your motor worth?
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

vin sharp

MD, the gap between the large and smaller sprockets are 10mm on T/S, and 13mm on 105/116; so 3mm out of alignment up to the cams.  Would create uneven loading across the chain and sprockets and accelerate wear rate; not to the point of danger, but better to not have it. To align the earlier one to T/S use, you  press the big sprocket off the shaft, in a lathe machine 3mm off the boss around the central bore and refit to shaft. No need to swap bits or cut keyways etc., a reasonably straight forward job.
Cheers,
Vin

MD

I see. That's certainly straight forward enough and simpler than I thought. Also explains why it worked for me but as you say not ideal. Thank you.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0