Alfa Romeo wins DRIVE awards for 2011

Started by colcol, December 23, 2011, 11:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcol

In the annual AGE Drive awards for what the testers would like for christmas, Journo Sally Dominguez awarded the Alfa Romeo Mito as the daily driver she wants for christmas, the model Alfa Romeo MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde Sport, "Look Architects love Alfas, OK?, Particularly the way the leather ages beautifully while styling is timeless. The 'multi-air' technoligy underpinning this Competizione-inspired body amps up performance while reducing fuel consumption, emissions and particulates- and i love the engine note". For the classic car Sally would like under her christmas she chose The 1970 Alfa Romeo Montreal, "A classic hard edged Bertone beauty, in the original verde metallizzio, please Santa". For her dream car she chose 1963 Chrysler Turbine Car, "Trialled alternative fuels and expressed its turbine technology in flamboyant style", i just put that last one in as Chrysler are now owned partly by Fiat and they are the new engine supplier to Alfa Romeo, these 1963 Chrysler turbines about 100 were made, not sold to the public, but selected people tried them on a daily drive and the fuel consumption was so bad, [average 4 miles per gallon], they recalled them all and scrapped them, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

colcol

I think Sally has a liking for Alfa Romeo's, when she was a child her dad had a Duetto, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

wankski

geez, i gots to meet this Sally Dominguez ...

:-*