Picnic at Hanging Rock

Started by bonkfrog, December 14, 2011, 11:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonkfrog

I notice that there will be a display of "busses" at this event. Probably the organisers meant buses. However, in case they really did mean busses, I'm all puckered up.
Current: Alfetta GTV 2.0
Past: GTJ1300 (2l conversion), Giulia Supers, Giulia 1600TI

Sheldon McIntosh

Haha, and here I was thinking I was the only one on here incredibly pedantic about spelling.  Nice one.

You'll note though that many dictionaries do accept 'busses' as an alternate spelling of buses.

On the other hand, possibly it's a display of muzzle-loading firearms with flared muzzles.

colcol

Will Blakey and Butler and Jack be there on the busses display?, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Sheldon McIntosh

Heh, good call Col, On the Buses certainly was a shit tv program.  Not many people could pull off the Hitler moustache, and Blakey certainly couldn't.  It's definitely a period piece.

Evan Bottcher

Nice one chaps.  Well it would be nice if there was some type of Alpha Romero buss on display.  :-\

Regardless - here's a prompt, I haven't yet heard from anyone who is interested in displaying their car at the rock.  Any interest?  Get in touch with me on the email evan(at)bottch(dot)com or 0400 013 175.  Display cars have to be pre-1987, but come along anyway and have a look as it's a big day and the buss display is awesome.

---

Join the Alfa Romeo Owners Club at the Picnic at Hanging Rock. The "Picnic" attracts a huge number of veteran, vintage, classic, hot rods, motorcycles, busses, trucks, stationary engines and pedal power vehicles. The picnic is held on the Second Sunday of February annually is now the largest event of its type in Australia. This year we will arrange for interested members to meet up and drive in convoy to the event, so that we can park as a group in the grounds. This day has something for everyone, with food and entertainment for the kids, sack races, face painting, and farm displays.  Bring a picnic, or there is catering available at the site.  Plenty of trees to give shade from the summer heat, and a huge variety of cars of all makes.  Hope to see you there Display car requirements:  cars for display must be 25 years or older.  This means pre-1987, no exceptions, other cars are welcome to join the AROCA convoy and park in the general public car parking areas.  Entry for Display and general public is also $20 per car.The convoy will start from the BP service station car park Calder Highway outbound.  937 Calder Freeway (Just past Calder Park Raceway).  We will put up the AROCA banner at the start.  Meet at 8.30am for a strict 8.45am departure for the picnic. for more information Evan Bottcher, 0400 013 175  evan@ bottch. or check the website
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

alfagtv58

Coming back from a family thing in Bendigo on the weekend there were some amazing and diverse cars on the Calder that had obviously been to Picnic at Hanging Rock.  I must go to this event next year.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Evan Bottcher

Nah not much variety - I just saw a bunch of Alfasuds...
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

colcol

What a lovely sight, wish i could have made there, but due to a rebuild on the front suspension on the 33, was not possible, looks like it was a great day, wouldn't have been quite the same going in the 156 as it was for cars 25 years +, and they say Suds rust away and don't last, you couldn't find more passionate car owners than Sud owners, just drive one and you will understand why, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

AikenDrum105

A friend of mine in the , cough,  mustang, cough,  crowd snapped this at Hanging Rock.

Once you notice one   - you start seeing Supers everywhere....   Well done whoever that is :)

Cheers,
Scott
'66 Giulia Super 105.28.720988 TS+MS3+ITB+COP
'65 Giulia Sprint GT 105.04.753710
'04 156 JTS Sportwagon

Earlier follies...
'66 Duetto 105.05.710057
'85 GTV6
'71 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

That would be my in-laws... they picked up that Super late last year.  Gave it a spruce up and won their class at last year's Spettacolo.

It's a very tidy car and they're having a lot of fun in it - and I'm also besotted.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: colcol on February 13, 2012, 08:00:56 PM
you couldn't find more passionate car owners than Sud owners, just drive one and you will understand why, Colin.
Rubbish, all but the Ti models have been left to die, I don't see anyone getting passionate about a 1.2 4-door.

Quote from: alfagtv58 on February 13, 2012, 11:57:15 AM
Coming back from a family thing in Bendigo on the weekend there were some amazing and diverse cars on the Calder that had obviously been to Picnic at Hanging Rock.  I must go to this event next year.

Highly recommended, I was stunned at the number of cars, and of the diversity.

Sheldon McIntosh

More

Sheldon McIntosh

More

Sheldon McIntosh

These were probably my favourites.

Gary Pearce

Hey Sheldon, whats that car that Molly Meldrum is looking at under the bonnet?
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe