FS - 1.8 liter, 45 dellorto's, wade cams, ext inlets, valves etc

Started by Mike, December 18, 2011, 07:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Gents,

I have removed an engine from my Alfetta sedan with the following specs:

45 Dellorto's - matched pair, tuned to engine
Wade cams - 280 deg duration (removed cam cover to inspect, excellent condition on lobes)
Extended inlets,
Ported head
Larger valves (sorry, size not known)
High comp - unknown as to how this has been arrived at, ie pistons or head shave, suspect the earlier.
Electronic ignition
Low milage <5000km's since rebuild.
Extended inlets
Engine was put together meticulously by owner I purchased it from. I bought the engine fresh and unstarted, as I purchased the car from the fellow that it was destined to go into.  The engine was reported to make 160Hp at the flywheel, a figure which I believe, as it used to keep up with a friends alfetta with a 2.5 liter stock alfa v6.  The engine loves to rev and is a joy.

Reason for sale:  The car it is currently in is destined for a ground up rebuild, and it will be 5 years before it is back on the road.  Rather than have the engine sit for a long period, it's my intent to sell it, and in 5 years time, decide on the engine configuration to run.  For those that know me, they can attest that I like messing around with odd engine combinations as well as fuel injection.  This engine will suit someon wanting about as much hp as can be extracted from a street combination, and by street, I mean it idles at 800rpm, starts first pop and can be throttled from any rpm there on.

The engine comes with warrante, that is to say, I will warrant that it is what I say it is, and that it is in good running order.  I have a few other specs on the engine, I think hot compression is 220lb's but can not confirm without finding a little peice of paper buried deep in my moving box's.

Engine is strapped to a pallett with carbies attached and tuned to suit.  It is a turn key proposition and can be shipped anywhere in Aus for about 200 dollars (location depedant).

Happy to help with shipping, further details etc.

Engine and carbies have already been sold, but after a small deposit, the fellow has not been forthcoming with the funds.  8 weeks later, I have given up and am offering for sale again.  Rahter annoying since the engine was in the car and running when the fellow convinced me to remove it and pack it.  I would like 3k for the package, ie 1500 for engine, 1500 for 45 carbies.  I am not interested in offers of less money, but may consider performance parts for GTV's as a swap...ie I do need a big valve head for a 2 liter engine, or a monoliner.

To be clear, I expect payment in full, within 2 weeks of purchase.  A deposit of 300 is required up front.
All queries to Mike on 0488091723.  I am located in Perth...don't forget the time difference ;-).  Engine located in Tas.
cars / projects:
Twinspark - Bonneville car build
85 GTV6 red
86 GTV6 3.2 quadcam on ITBs
Alfetta '74 sedan project
Alfetta '74 sedan 1 owner
'76 Alfetta GT blue
'76 Alfetta GT Twincharge
Fiat 128 3P
78 Ferrari 308 gtb
78 Ferrari gts
79 Ferrari gtb