Scammer alert

Started by L4OMEO, December 15, 2011, 11:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L4OMEO

Hi everyone

Just a warning to anyone currently selling any items - I had an email enquiry about my V6 equal length front pipes advertised here and on the AROCA QLD website. It appeared legit and some correspondence took place between us before a deal was reached. My suspicions were raised when the buyer was only prepared to pay by bank cheque and offered to pay more than the asking price by way of compensation. He then asked for more personal details than was required to get a cheque to me, which prompted me to do a quick search on his details and his email address came up little red lights on a site listing known scammers. Haven't heard from him since challenging him on this.

Reason I raise it here is that despite not picking up on the obvious flag - his name was ***cough*** that of a Nigerian soccer player (slaps forehead) - his approach was otherwise pretty convincing. Be warned.

And yes, my ELFPs are still for sale, thanks for asking. Wife pestering you for ideas on what to buy you for Christmas? Sick of the socks and undies you usually end up receiving? Boy do I have the answer! PM me (or get her to) and we'll do a deal!

;)
2002 156 GTA

MD

Yeah,

I have been approached by a couple of wankers via the AROCAQ ads I have that list my email. I offered them a free vasectomy as part of the deal. I haven't heard from them since..
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0