WTB: 105 GT1300 Junior Quarter Light Assembly

Started by njh1964, December 19, 2011, 03:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njh1964

I'm after a driver's side front quarter light window assembly for my 1969 GT1300 Junior (105.31), as per the attached photo.

I mainly need the frame and hinge... the internal opening mechanism and quarter light glass are not required, but I will take the lot if you don't wish to separate.

Regards,

Nick
Now:
1968 Alfa Romeo GT 1300 Junior - Complete Restoration Project
2002 Alfa Romeo 147 Twin Spark - Track Day Car
Previously:
1974 Alfasud TI - First Car

branko.gt

What is wrong with yours? it seems fine in the picture.

Do you need the whole frame with the front channel for the door glass or just the small bottom of the glass frame that holds the quarter lite?

njh1964

Hi Branko,

The hinge mechanism on my quarter light window has been broken at some stage... see the red circled area in the below photo.

Someone has made a jury-rigged repair to the hinge, which, whilst functional, isn't very attractive. They drilled a couple of extra holes in the outer edge of the frame to fasten in the hand fabricated upper hinge repair.

Apart from the extra holes, the quarter light window frame is in good shape. I've tried to locate just the upper hinge part from the usual suppliers, but it seems you can only buy the lower hinge section (ie the bit that attaches to the glass). I'm therefore thinking it may be easier to just buy the whole quarter light frame (ie the red bordered section), including a working hinge.

Regards,

Nick
Now:
1968 Alfa Romeo GT 1300 Junior - Complete Restoration Project
2002 Alfa Romeo 147 Twin Spark - Track Day Car
Previously:
1974 Alfasud TI - First Car

Sportscar Nut

Nick

I had exactly the same problem on my 105 but found a perfect frame and installed. Think I purchased from Milano in Melbourne (but did have to hunt around). Have seen many 'repaired' frames due to the top hinge breaking. Good luck finding a good frame.

Paul

giulia_veloce

How many would you like ?
Give me a call on 02 9939 2069 or robert@manningmotors.com.au
If you are quick,,you might have it for Christmas.

Robert