Top Gear USA, how bad is it?

Started by colcol, December 19, 2011, 09:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcol

One of the best kept secrets is Top Gear USA, that channel 9 are showing on one of their free to air digital channels on i think its GO 90, on Saturday night, they must not have much faith in it as they have put it on during 'the non ratings period'. Expecting the worst, i watched a few episodes and it is quite good, a lot better than what i was expecting and they have not tried to get an American Clarkson, May and Hamster, they seem to test a variety of cars from round the world, i was expecting them to be waffling on about Ford Mustangs, but the night i tuned in, they had a feature on Lamborghini's, i find that when i go to set my digital recorder, the night before, it won't show up on the EPG, but it comes up on the same day as they show it, therefore  i have missed a few programs, during the summer dross fed up as entertainment during the holidays, it might be worth a look at, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Stuart Thomson

Hi Col,

I have to agree, I may have accidentally downloaded the first couple of series  ;)

The show is significantly better than TG Aus, but the last series was a series of "challenges", whilst OK, some of the other stuff would be good as well.  Oh and I fast forward their "Star in a reasonably priced car" as it's only got American celebrities, who are generally annoying.

The rest of the show is quite watchable though.

Cheers
Stuart

stuka

The presenters have grown on me and have enjoyed some of the episodes. Episode 7 of series 2 is well worth downloading.
Alfasud Sprint, GTV 3.2 V6

colcol

And there is no Shane Warne anywhere, to quote the The Age green guide, THE WHEELS FALL OFF TOP GEAR, "As if poaching Top Gear from SBS was not enough to convice you that channel 9 is the fat kid at preschool who steals toys from the other kids, then watching the channel grind its new acquisition into the sandbox should, Nines leitmotif of delays, cuts and uncertainly about repeats and first run episodes and sent episodes of the British Top Gear to a speedy ratings grave, taking the Australian edition with it", I say give it back to SBS who originally had the forsite to put it on when no one else wanted it, [except us car nuts], Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]