New look forum!

Started by Evan Bottcher, October 29, 2007, 10:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

Hi alfisti,

You *might* have noticed that I've changed the look of the forum.  It's no longer 'embedded' within the Victorian Division website so explicitly.  This is for two reasons:

1. we're opening the forum up to a more national audience.  The forum now has it's own user registration system so people can come and register directly.  You can also bookmark the forum directly at http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/component/option,com_smf.

2.  I upgraded the forum and it's default new theme broke the display of the old site.  So the easiest thing for me to do is to make a clean break and not spend hours cleaning up CSS.  Lazy :)

I'll probably still make it a bit prettier and more Alfa-oriented as soon as I get a chance.

thanks,
Evan.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Victor Lee

Hi Evan,

The blue colour background looks really smart! ... Great choice.

I'll contact all Divisions again to let them know of this dedicated National forum site.

Cheers

Victor Lee
National Coordinator for the
Alfa Romeo Owners Clubs of Australia.
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Scott Farquharson

Looks great Evan, even cleaner and more modern than before....
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Brad M

Evan, I love the look of the forum, top job!!
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

Victor Lee

Just a thought:  How do we get back to AROCA Vic's website?  Or other state's websites?  Perhaps some dedicated buttons to get to the respective state sites?

Cheers
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

alfagtv58

Quote from: Victor Lee on October 30, 2007, 01:00:51 PM
Just a thought:  How do we get back to AROCA Vic's website?  Or other state's websites?  Perhaps some dedicated buttons to get to the respective state sites?

Cheers

+1
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Evan Bottcher

There is a link in the top right corner, but I do plan to make it more prominent.

Good suggestion.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Scott Farquharson

Evan, maybe the Group S section could be "National" as well rather than just Vic as there are a lot of NSW and Qld competitors - would really draw the competitors from each state together.....what do you think?
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Evan Bottcher

If you'd like I can make it just "Historic Group S" rather than the victorian Group S Challenge?  Then I'll move it to National.  Let me know.

cheers,
Evan.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Scott Farquharson

yeah - i think Historic Group S and make it a national focus given NSW and Vic cars are now competing together regularly
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)