SOLD - Equal length front pipes for 24V V6

Started by L4OMEO, December 05, 2011, 09:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L4OMEO

For sale - barely used ELFPs to suit 147GTA, 156V6 (CF3), 156GTA, GT 3.2V6, GTV/Spider 3.0V6 (CF3) and GTV/Spider 3.2V6.

I purchased and installed these recently on my 156 2.5 V6 which already has a Mille Miglia rear silencer. Results were as follows:

Sound – as I had expected, the ELFPs removed a mild but noticeable drone that the MM silencer had introduced. The resulting sound was much purer with a fantastic growl through the mid-range, basically everything I had hoped for.

Performance – difficult to quantify without proper measurement, but my subjective assessment was that there was a definite improvement with stronger acceleration from just under 4k which continued through to redline. If you search the various AR forums you should find more scientific data than my backside can provide.

Ground clearance – yeah, for me this is where – and only where - things came unstuck. I have an unusually steep approach angle to my driveway and with the car already 35mm lower than standard the new pipes were j-u-u-s-t scraping on entry. Unless you encounter a similar driveway you shouldn't have any problems - in 200km of driving this is the only place where contact has been made. Sadly, it's kind of an important place and as a family car means it's crossed the line from 'practical' to 'impractical'. As there's a gradually collapsing stormwater pipe underneath the drive the clearance issue's only going to get worse until the council fixes it.

I'm very disappointed to have to sell these but someone else might as well benefit from my misfortune. I believe the cost of importing these from Alfatune is in the region of $750, barely used and with superficial scratches on one only (there's no deformation at all) they're yours for $400. Available for collection in Brisbane, or I can help with shipping at the buyer's expense. Due to a previous sale that fell through these are packed and ready to ship.

PM if you're interested or would like more info.

Cheers
Rory

2002 156 GTA

L4OMEO

BUMP.

A new mod project is starting to take shape in the dark corners of my mind, but for this to materialise I need to unload my ELFPs & reload my credit card.

New price: $375 including off-peak delivery anywhere in Aus.

Exceptional value if I may say so myself. Boxed and ready to ship, PM me now.
2002 156 GTA

shiny_car

Bargain! ELFPs were THE best performance mod I've done on my V6. A tangible improvement in torque/power. Not that I expected it from other mods, but no obvious (seat of pants) gains from backbox, highflow cats, or air filter.

Whilst mine are not this brand, the design and therefore results will be the same. People should have no doubts about the benefit.

Only thing you must do when fitted, is swap the lambda/oxygen sensor plugs around in the engine bay, because the sensors end up crossed over with ELFPs and will result in the MSCF error without swapping. Simple DIY change.

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

L4OMEO

Thanks for the write-up there shiny - pipes have been sold so I'll give you the credit. Unfortunately for you I'll keep the money, but enjoy all that credit  ;)

Thanks mate
Rory
2002 156 GTA

shiny_car

Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey