ECU Remapping

Started by Roger Carr, January 10, 2012, 09:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Carr

Hello all

We are now providing ECU programming services, not tuning boxes, not cheap factory file but editing of your actual ECU program.

engine warranted, safe but impressive increases in performance

If interested drop me a line and I will provide details

dehne

hi there,
this is not to get you on the wrong foot to start with, but how about introduce yourself first, tell us about what you do and ur cars, i figure you dont have an Alfa and are more interested in making sales, so contact one of the committee and chuck in some $$$ to sponsor the club then im sure they will even put a little ad on their site for you.
Its better this way then just busting on and trying to sell your items.
And welcome I hope you get some custom, can you put a list up of all the Alfa's your gear is compatable with also.
Thanks Dehne
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Roger Carr

Hi Dehne,

Apologies if I have broken a rule here.    Not I have not mentioned my company name, if you google APTUNING, you may find a company but it is not mine, you should find a lot of contributions to a number of car forums though.  Point is I am not "getting my name out there" but simply contributing.

I tune ECU's in a number of different types of vehicles and when I do cars it is mostly european vehicles, I spend about 2-3hrs a day on forums answering peoples questions on ECU tuning and I am yet to make a sale from that but I do it because I am passionate about it.  

When it is done properly, it is safe and totally changes the driving experience.  The problem is most opt for the cheap tuning box option or some dodgy fly by nighter who flashes on some random factory file.   I did an Alfa on the weekend and just thought -there is a forum I am not contributing to.  So bring on the questions happy to discuss.   If i actually make a sale from it would be a first and I would very happily become a sponsor

Apologies again here to make a positive contribution not upset

I will get that list up for you soon, there are a number - surprisingly I do very few Alfa Romeo's as they map up very well

Cheers

wankski

here's a contribution. It's ALFA Romeo... not exactly encouraging when pushing the idea you know how to program the bosch motronic ECU in ALFAs when you can't spell it.  >:(   

:P ;D

Roger Carr

Well that blows all the credibility!   Hope my programming is better  Post edited accrodingly   TY

Roger Carr

Needless to say  any questions on the topic  happy to answer just can not guarantee spelling   -  cheers

Steve S

Can you do The Fiat/Lancia Weber IAW ecu's?

Do you custom tune cars on a dyno or have preprogramed maps or what?

dehne

whats an approximate price for a 2ltr 156 twinspark worth to remap
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

Roger Carr

First response to Dehne's post

The models we can do
145(II), 146(II), 147, 156, 156 (II), 159, 166, 166(II), Brera, GT,GTV, Giuiletta, MiTo, Spider

post 2001 most can be programmed via OBD port, that is to say we read the program (10min), go away and modify the program based on interview about what is required  - previous mods etc,  return and install the program (10min ).

Pre 2001 some require is a bit of a mix some still OBD some require chip change some can not be done.

Roger Carr

Steve S

I will be happy to be corrected here but I believe IAW weber ECU's have a self tuning function already, if what I read is correct then this is a very good unit which enables you to play around yourself.   Just be careful using as it may allow you to go over safe levels.  If you do not have this function it appears there are readers that will allow it - would be interested to see how you go if you get one it is the first time I have come across one and if they work as they say they would be hard to beat. 

We provide a ECU editing service of the original factory ECU optimising it to match your use, simpler in cars than say trucks where the variation on use and environment is greater.  Net result it is the original file put back on the car with a few lines of code changed.  This means no conflicts ( lights on dash etc ) and remote chance of detection for cars still under warrantee.

Roger Carr

Dehne, For forum members I can offer a 25% discount  but before we get to far down price levels what year is your car.

Duk

Quote from: APTUNING on January 11, 2012, 04:04:26 PMpost 2001 most can be programmed via OBD port, that is to say we read the program (10min), go away and modify the program based on interview about what is required  - previous mods etc,  return and install the program (10min ).

So it's not based on dyno feedback for torque at each individual rev and load point, air fuel ratio's and knock, but a conversation about what other changes have been made?

Could you remap a Motronic 4.1 for a 1990 75 3 litre V6 based on my list of stuff? It's fitted with a Vortech supercharger running about 10psi, water to air intercooler, water injection and 440cc/min injectors.

dehne

it is a 1999 mdl 156 2.0 twin spark selespeed,
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

Roger Carr

Duk,   correct it is not based off a dyno, we believe we can tune the car safely within the engine specs, the interview would certainly cover what additional modifications you have made to the vehicle and our programmer will adjust accordingly.   We also take into account the age and typical use of the car.   We warrant your engine after our tune so will not tune as aggressively as perhaps some people would like.  So if we are tuning for the maximum we can warrant for what is the point of the dyno?   Yes you can potentially get more from the engine but at what cost?  Now if you are racing and are expecting a reduced engine life then dyno tuning makes sense.

I will investigate what we can do for your vehicle but first pass it might be too old at the very least it would be a chip change, happy to be  corrected but i think computer chips from that era can be read but not written to.  Your modifications can certainly be taken into account.

Roger Carr

Dehne -  it would be an interesting one to try and read, if we can not then it would be a chip change being 99 much more confident that can be done