My Alfa Romeo 147 TS, 5 speed, 65k for sale

Started by Steve S, January 12, 2012, 02:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve S

My pride and joy is for sale. I have grown quite attached to this little car but it has to go now as we need a boring family car. It was sold new in 2002 to a very fastidious Italian gentleman. I felt privileged to be able to buy such an original well kept car. I would describe it as near immaculate and it will not disappoint the fussiest buyer.

It has a faultless full documented service history at Lance Dixon. The major service was done at 59,000k. That included the cambelt, all the filters inc pollen filter etc and just because the tyres were getting old, 4 new continental tyres were fitted.

It will be sold with RWC and is Reg till April 2012. It was last serviced less than 1000km ago. Nothing to spend, just drive.

$10990 or best offer.

Photos on Carsales
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=11552798

Steve S

pep105

Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

Davidm1600

Well done on the sale, now that perhaps is a difficult question.  What size family car do you need, what is your budget and perhaps how recent a model were you thinking of.  

In terms of perhaps sensible (and yes I think they are, but perhaps I am biased like most here), how about say a late model 156 sedan/sportwagon or if you could afford it a 159 sedan/sportwagon ??  166s are nice but perhaps not quite the sensible choice, but then again.......

Otherwise, I suppose you could slum it in say an Audi A4 sedan/wagon, perhaps a VW or even a BMW.  How Germanic of me (but then again I am half German).  My dad had a late model Skoda (really a VW in drag) nicely built and now has a Peugeot 308 wagon which is pretty impressive.  The 307 is also not too bad a choice. Not sure re Reggies.  The Citroen C5 is a damned big wagon, the sedan is good too (dad had a C5 before the Skoda) and it was incredibly reliable, not weird etc like the days of the DS and CXs.

I am afraid I couldn't help beyond there in terms of Japanese, Australian or other Asian cars.  Not really my area of interest.  Personally, while I know they are so popular these days but softroader SUVs IMHO are not all they are cracked up to be.  A proper sedan or wagon I think is a far better choice.

I did note in the weekend paper they were talking about being able to buy decent euro cars for less than $20K, and that included S Class Mercs, Audi A6, and even a BMW X5, so perhaps back to my first question, to help answer yours.  Good luck.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

John Hanslow

QuoteIn terms of perhaps sensible (and yes I think they are, but perhaps I am biased like most here), how about say a late model 156 sedan/sportwagon or if you could afford it a 159 sedan/sportwagon ??

Go with the 156 sportswagon if it satisfies your requirements ...  !
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata