Rain Rain Go Away!

Started by Kiwiboy105, January 25, 2012, 01:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwiboy105

The rain here in Queensland is becoming increasingly frustrating!  Parts of Brisbane have received record falls in the last 24hrs with more to come including Australia Day and for the weekend!  >:(

This means I won't be able to drive my Alfa! :'(  I like to take the little car out on the weekends, like many of you too, even if its for only for a short run but this rain will mean it will be sometime before I can take it for a spin.

I have driven it in the rain previously but I generally avoid it besides there is that much water around, it's not worth the risk!  There are too many idiot drivers on the roads to worry about as well as the excess water!
"You are not a true petrolhead until you've owned an Alfa" - J Clarkson

wankski

perfect here in mexico!  :P

don't worry it will pass and the driving all the sweeter when the sun comes...

totally on board with you...it's amazing the number of drivers who don't adapt their driving to the conditions at all... heavy cornering, tail-gating even in sleeting rain and low vis.

::)

best keep the alfa tucked in and safe.

Kiwiboy105

Cheers mate.

You are right about the drivers here - not a clue! >:(  Bring on the sunshine!!! ;D
"You are not a true petrolhead until you've owned an Alfa" - J Clarkson

colcol

Loved the filmclip on the teev of the Camry driver driving through 1 metre of water, and then the car stopping and being rescued, why would you drive into water whos depth is unknown, look out for it cheap on Ebay in a few months with a hydraulic motor with a bent conrod, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]