156 door skin attaching thingos

Started by ozchips, January 27, 2012, 05:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozchips

not sure what they are called or even if they have some sort of name like the plastic bits on the end of the shoelaces.
anyways destryed a few when I replaced the regulator (now i know how they work :)  )
Just after a source or if anyone has any ?

Joe Garra

Aglet is the end of a shoelace :)  Not that it really helps  :)
Now: 164Q
        Giulietta QV
Before : 75
            33 16V
            Sud Ti
            99 Spider
            156 Wagon
            159 Wagon

colcol

Obviously white things that attach the inner door skins to the door, from side on they look like a 'T', in the trade they are called by some christmas tree clips, i have broke them on my 156, and you can get close replacements at Repco, not quite the same, but do the trick, long term go to a Alfa wrecker and get some [unbroken] second hand ones, new from a dealer would most likely be a kings ransom, or maybe look on ebay at someone wrecking a 156 or 147, and no matter how carefull you are they still break taking them out, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

ozchips

Thanks Joe, I will try and remeber that, be good for drunk trivia :)

Colin, thanks for the tip, I will get some at repco for the time being, sort of working is better than having a door skin flapping around.
Are they all standard size ? or is there something specific in christmas tree clips I need to ask for ?

colcol

At Repco, Supercheap, Autobahn, they all have a stand that rotates, it has 4 sides, usually clips on one side, bolts on the other, self tappers on the other, washers and others on the other, and you just find the closest to what you want, a better selection is available at Rare Spares or Bill Thomson Auto rubbers, but thats only for Victoria, although you could buy over the web, but you could buy some second hand ones from an Alfa wrecker over the web as well, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]