147 rear wiper blade

Started by lombardi, December 16, 2013, 10:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lombardi

Too right Col about the difficulty of wiper blades, that is why i love the service at supercheap until i showed them the rear 147 blades, the guy is still reeling from experiencing a complicated alfa, go figure, i will just go down the path of taking out the old one and buy accordingly, whilst i am here on the 147 subject, i am a fan of the alfas from the 80s, but must comment on how nice owning and driving the 147 is, absolute pleasure to drive and be in,aicon is awesome,finish is first class,seating position is perfect ,am absolutely impressed by the whole product, gotta be for the price a gem, my daughters has tan leather interior with factory sunroof and red exterior, i can not stop but admire the design,i guess a modern alfasud, i truly recommend a 147 and i was a sceptic, and pep , am steering away from the confession box, my memory does me no justice.regards
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Giulietta 2015 QV manual Ghiaccio

1974 Spider series 2 ,carabinieri blu

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
156 sportswagon manual red
Alfetta sportiva 1981 red
166 silver 1999

Craig147

Easy enough to just pop the old one out & put in the multifit type, I use a tridon silicon type from memory & they do the job fine. Had to do it a few times as mine are in the weather lots & I hate when they drag & get noisy. ;D
Madness or Passion? a very fine line indeed
2002 TS 147 Selespeed "Grigio Sterling" 4 door

extraball

I hadnt driven the wife's car, a toyota in quite awhile. Jumped into it last nite, and everything just felt wrong. When we bought her camry we both loved it, but since owning the 147 I just expect awhole lot more. I am probably doomed to drive alfas from now on lol 147 GTA would be my upgrade  8)

colcol

I changed the front wipers on the 156, and it was about the easiest job i had ever done, from memory they were 6 mm wide, and it was all done in about 10 minutes, sometimes these wiper blade go on forever, bloke at Repco told me the blades i purchased were crap, but they were out of stock of the brand name 6mm wide, after about 3 weeks they started to chatter, so i purchased some brand name wiper blades and they are allgood, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Mick A

Only the metal rail wiper refills come in 6.5mm/7.5mm/8.5mm.

Rubber/Plastic in round numbers.

lombardi

Went to repco with old wiper blade in hand, funny enough he had singles behind the counter,thought id have to buy a set, i am not the handiest with the tools but this was an easy job even for a novice like myself,gave me a sense of satisfaction,next time might even bite the bullet and takle front wiper blades. Merry christmas.
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Giulietta 2015 QV manual Ghiaccio

1974 Spider series 2 ,carabinieri blu

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
156 sportswagon manual red
Alfetta sportiva 1981 red
166 silver 1999

colcol

If the front blades are the same as a 156, then it is an easy job, the wiper blades should 'fall over', that is, the wiper frame should lead the blade and when it gets to the end of its stroke, the blade should 'flip' over, if not, they will chatter, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Mick A

Ok cool so now hopefully the painfully boring wiper blades discussion has finished.

Good. Next topic.

hotalfa156

Can someone tell me how to stop the chatter on the front wipers.

Sorry for straying off topic from "rear wiper".

Also I have a 156, not a 147.

colcol

Hello hotalfa156, try using a good brand of wiper blade such as Bosch, Trico or Tridon or any name brand, make sure you have wiper fluid in your wiper reservoir, not car wash, shampoo, dish washing liquid or hand wash, but the proper stuff to clean and lubricate screen.
Give your screen a good clean with some Brasso, toothpaste or swirl and scratch remover polish, to remove the rubbish that accumulates on the glass, and make sure the wiper blade holder leads the wiper blade, so that the wiper blade 'falls over' and flips back the other direction when the blade comes to the end of the stroke, it has to pull the wiper blade, rather than push it, Colin.

extraball

Quote from: Choderboy on December 19, 2013, 09:38:26 PM
Ok cool so now hopefully the painfully boring wiper blades discussion has finished.

Good. Next topic.

147 wipers are a painful subject. The the plastic linkages on the control arms break easily, and have broken on mine. The repair I did a few months ago is starting to fail, so out the whole assembly comes, and I re-think the fix.