1969 Alfa Spider (Boat Tail) For Sale

Started by 69Spider, February 06, 2012, 10:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69Spider

1969 Alfa Spider For Sale

Much loved car in great mechanical condition.  Interior also in good condition but paint needs some attention.  Still beautiful to look at now but with a bit of restoration could be a truly stunning car.

Many more pictures available.  Please PM me with an email address and I will send through.

I have owned the car for about 9 years and absolutely loved it since the day I got it.  Sadly having two garages is a rare thing and as I have to shift shortly, I know that I will not have the space to keep this car undercover where it needs to be.  I would dearly love to see it go to a real Alfa enthusiast as the 69 model is pretty rare these days.

The car runs absolutely brilliantly and I spent about $4k several years ago rebuilding the gear box and fixing everything under the hood like engine mounts etc and also getting rid of any rust (I have the original receipt which lists all the work).  I also had the tail shaft repaired a few years back and the car would not have done 500km's since.

The car was originally a US model with fuel injection that was brought out to Australia sometime in the 80's, converted to right hand drive and carburettors.  The paint is a little average but the interior is in great shape.

The car has always been kept under cover and all gauges work including the fuel warning light. 

I am happy to answer any questions anyone has and provide any more details.

The boat tail Spider really is an absolutely stunning looking car and I will be very sad to see her go.  I was originally looking for around $17-18k but I do not want to spend the next three months drawing out what will be a very sad process.

$15,500 firm for an Alfa enthusiast who will give this car the love it deserves.

Car is located in Sydney (eastern suburbs) and can be viewed at anytime.