Wanted - pre1966 stepfront giulia

Started by Paulk, May 31, 2009, 05:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulk

Hi

I'm after a pre1966 stepfront Giulia sprint GT or GTV to export to the UK. Good condition preferred but considering running restoration projects too

Regards

Paul

enzo1891

i know of two very good 1974 gtv 2 ltrs the owner is asking for 10k each and both are in very good daily driving condition can contact me on 0412 152816.

Paulk

Thanks but it's really a pre-1966 car that I'm after

P

paladin105

I have a complete Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce RHD (105.37) chassis number AR 298277 manufactured on the 1st July 1966.  In need of some restoration work. If interested, I can be contacted on 0417 284 073 to discuss further.

Paulk

Hi Paladin

Thanks but I'm still searching for a pre66 car (needs to be manufactured before 1st Jan 66)

Regards

Paul

Davidm1600

If I may be so bold to ask two questions, firstly is there a specific reason you are after a pre '66 GT and secondly why to import to the UK ?  Is it for a specific class of racing or something else ? 

Also, in truth I suspect you are going to be pretty lucky if you can find such a car and that a current owner might be willing to sell, given that such early ones are pretty damned rare these days.  I would have thought most owners of these early ones would be most likely wanting to hang on to them.  I personally would be happy with any stepnose GT.  Alas all I have is a '69 1750 GTV, which I am actually very fond of  ;D

Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Paulk

Hi David

Yes - you've got it - I need a pre66 to be eligible for historic racing for a particular series here in the UK. There are so few of these cars around that I'm more than happy to import one. I'm not too worried about the condition so long as the shell is ok - in fact I'm quite looking forward to restoring one!! I've been offered a mint sprint GT veloce which is a 66 car but isn't eligible by only 5 months which does seem a little unfair but rules are rules :(
The 1750 GTV is lovely car with a great engine

Regards

Paul

enzo1891

hi i just obtained a step front giulia sprint with a step front nose in is need of a restoration i am not to sure as to what year itis a bare shell missing interior and a few small items eg headlights. it has no motor or gear box if interested i am asking $2000.00

Paulk

Do you have the registration documents for the car or can you supply me with the chassis number so I can confirm the date of manufacture. Also if you have an engine and g.box to go with it could you give me some further details (engine size - eng number) of these - thanks

Thanks

Paul