Who bought the Giulietta Spider Project?

Started by ItalCarGuy, March 07, 2012, 09:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItalCarGuy

Giulia65

Alas, I reckon it's a scam. 

Corresponded with the vendor, who said ....

" am in USA ,New York with business but i will come back home Monday. Considering that demand for car buying is high and because i have more potential buyers i will list the car as a private auction with "Buy It Now" price for 8,000 $AU only for you if you decide to buy.
You will win the auction through the eBay and automatically enter in the eBay Buyer Protection Program! eBay will issue you the invoice details about the transaction and payment.

In this way the car will be yours and as soon as i come in Queensland we will meet for collection."

All sounds too good to be true.

ItalCarGuy

Oh well, I guess we all just keep hoping for our ultimate barnfind in the future! There has to be a pre-war Alfa or Maser sitting in a shed out there somewhere...

Giulia65

Agreed!  Continue to dream about finding a GTA sitting in a little old lady's garage right here in Brisvegas....   ;D

Davidm1600

At $8k that seems likely to be remarkable value.  Hmn curious.  For sure guys, there is stuff out there, including the rare stuff.  You just need to be that lucky bugger to find it.  I recall someone on one of the forums only recently here in Aus, stumbling on a 102 2000 Spider.  It needs a lot of work, but hey how many would there be of these cars in Aus. 

Like all I remain hopeful of my lucky day occurring.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

dehne

Quote from: Giulia65 on March 07, 2012, 11:55:16 AM

You will win the auction through the eBay and automatically enter in the eBay Buyer Protection Program! eBay will issue you the invoice details about the transaction and payment.

Ebay does not have this as part of their site, it is a complete scam, I will aslo tell you to be careful when you associate with these type of scam as i was looking to buy a porsche 356 pre a and gave some details over (name address no card details) and did a bit more reasearch and found it to be a scam so did not go through with it. Then 6 weeks later they had hacket my ebay account and placed the same item for sale through my account. the annoying thing is that ebay cannot do anything about it.
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Giulia65

Confirmed Scam.

The actual car is for sale on US Ebay site by the legit owners..