Interstate car transportation

Started by Craig Sinclair, March 17, 2012, 03:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig Sinclair

Can anyone make any suggestions / recommendations about potential transportation of an Alfetta from the Newcastle NSW area to either Melbourne or Ballarat? I'm looking at making a purchase and I'm not sure of the logistics and economics. Cheers, Craig.
Current: 2012 Toyota 86
1976 Alfetta GT
Previous Alfa ownership:
1980 Alfetta Sedan
1977 Alfetta GTV
33 Quadrifoglio

Ash Gordon

I used toll auto from Melb to Adelaide . Very easy to deal with and picked up and dropped off car when they stated , no waiting around and the 105 arrived as I left it .
'69 105 1750 GTV White (SLOW work in progress)
'72 105 2000 GTV Green ( Donor Car)

Craig Sinclair

Thanks Phil. I'd done a Google search & that's what I came up with. I last had an Alfetta brought down from Murwillumbah QLD door to door  in 2005 (was TNT then) and it cost me $590 then. Just a bit concerned about how much it will cost now.  ???
1976 Alfetta GT
Previous Alfa ownership:
1980 Alfetta Sedan
1977 Alfetta GTV
33 Quadrifoglio

Craig Sinclair

Thanks Ash. I'll check them out as well. Cheers
1976 Alfetta GT
Previous Alfa ownership:
1980 Alfetta Sedan
1977 Alfetta GTV
33 Quadrifoglio

JKaissar

I have used www.movingcars.com.au 3 times. Twice from Perth to Melbourne and once from Melbourne to Sydney.
Never had an issue with them and they do everything to schedule as promised.
They also have the option of depot to depot transportation to save a little cost, or can pick up/drop off to a nominated address.
Good luck.

McAnnik

CEVA!!!!!  I used them once! Not recommended for delicate or unusual machinery.......Shop around.

Repco Lad

Hi Craig,

Just had an MG brought down from Sydney to Melb by CEVA.

Picked up at suburban address, delivered to depot in Altona: $400 plus GST, inc insurance.

Truck technically isn't enclosed, but they have canvas panels up each side.

Two day turn around.

Tried a few, this was the best by far.

(FYI Toll up near $900- 7-10 working day delivery window)

RL

Ash Gordon

interesting that toll quoted $900 Sydney - Melb whereas

Melb - Adelaide was only $450 picked up on a Thursday delivered on the Monday. Would have thought with more trucks heading up the east coast it would be cheaper ?

by the way $450 was door to door - flatbed pick up from my home they then load it back at the depot to a multi-car transporter.

Was $900 for a non runner or with parts in the vehicle as this will add to the cost. most wont let you carry parts inside the car.
'69 105 1750 GTV White (SLOW work in progress)
'72 105 2000 GTV Green ( Donor Car)