Alfie is in retirement :(

Started by Alfalfa, March 20, 2012, 10:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfalfa

Hi all,

been a long time since I've made an appearance on here but it is with regret to inform that I have put my dear old gtv out to stable for a few years.  :'(  In the end I'd spent too much money on one problem after another, and the repair list started to get a bit extreme so I bit the bullet and bought a new car.

I don't intend on the selling her, just put her at the nonna's house to rest for a few years...then maybe turn her into a racecar? Who knows..

Now that brings me to my next question, can I still enter club events (cruises, dyno days, sprint days) with my new car? Unfortunately I had to steer away from Alfa this time..bought a Ford Focus XR5T (which is brilliant btw)

Cheers,
            Christian
Current:
2009 Ford Focus XR5T
1982 Alfetta GTV 2.0 (out to stud)

Previous:
1986 Nissan Pintara Shaggin Wagon

Anthony Miller

Hey Christian, glad to hear that you're going to keep it, why don't you put it on club plates that way you can still drive it on weekends and club drive days, it's just gotta be roadworthy, and yes you can bring your volvo engined ford at least it's not another bloody mx5 :P
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

Alfalfa

Hey Anthony,

yeah I thought of that but it really isn't roadworthy atm, there was a hairline crack running right through the bracket the holds the gearbox/diff housing to the car. I would've had to have gotten a new gearbox to fix it apparently hence why I decided to park it..unless that doesn't matter for the rwc? Everything else is fine (other than rust)/

hahaha true hey! I'll be a one of a kind, 5 cylinder turbo magic! ..oh and did I mention it's bright orange?
Current:
2009 Ford Focus XR5T

Previous:

dehne

i have a spare 2lt gearbox, you can have if you want, just want to get rid of it.
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Alfalfa

Quote from: dehne on March 20, 2012, 12:07:24 PM
i have a spare 2lt gearbox, you can have if you want, just want to get rid of it.

how much you want for it?
Current:
2009 Ford Focus XR5T

Previous:

John Hanslow

QuoteNow that brings me to my next question, can I still enter club events (cruises, dyno days, sprint days) with my new car? Unfortunately I had to steer away from Alfa this time..bought a Ford Focus XR5T (which is brilliant btw)

To answer an earlier question:

The club is run for and run by for paid up members and from time to time we welcome other Alfisti to join in.  If a non member comes to a tech night , we just welcome them and expect them to join up.  Realistically we have an open door policy but we do not entertain free loaders.

For club members with other non alfas, you can still come along and enjoy as there must be a few in the same situation. There are members with cars pending restoration etc I am sure.

There are EMR's, tech nights, garage visits, socials, dinners, competition and displays.  Probably not competition nor displays without an alfa.

Lets face it, does it matter if you have an (on the road) alfa or not - you can still be a member and luv the marque.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Brad M

Quote from: John Hanslow on March 20, 2012, 03:00:24 PM
Probably not competition nor displays without an alfa.

All members (of our club and others) are welcome to competition events regardless of the vehicle as there is an Associate class for non-Alfa's.

The more Alfa members the better, even if they chose to drive a Jaffa ;)
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

dehne

Quote from: Alfalfa on March 20, 2012, 01:50:27 PM
Quote from: dehne on March 20, 2012, 12:07:24 PM

how much you want for it?

you can have it, gets it out of the shed
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's