GTV6 Track Car

Started by MattB, March 21, 2012, 07:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattB

Hi I was after some advice on making my '85 GTV6 into a track car. I bought it 2 years ago and have had it in the shed and have not driven it as I have not had time to fix some minor things. I have now decided to make it into a track car and have some fun.  My question is what changes do I have to make to get it to the track. Do I need to change brakes, engine, tyres, seats and do I need a roll cage? any advise would be appreciated.

thanks Matt

scott.venables

The few sprints I have done have been in my basically standard road car, just like many other competitors.  The only absolutely mandatory items are a solidly mounted fire extinguisher that complies to the appropriate standard, a complying helmet, long sleeves and trousers and the CAMS license.  I'm not sure I bled my brakes beforehand but in hindsight I should have because there wasn't much pedal at the end of the day.  I'd make there is enough material on the brake pads too. 

You don't need very much as long as you're car is in good mechanical condition. I'm sure more experienced sprinters will chime in with more.

Scott

Alan Hopla

Alan Hopla
77' 116GTV
83' 116GTV TwinSpark
04' GT 3.2 V6, Stromboli Grey

Neil Choi

Best you come to see what a sprint day is like and speak with some of the Alfa competitors.

Everyone will only be too happy to help and offer advice. 

No need to do anything radical to start off with. 

AROCA has a good ethos on motorsport and pride itself on it.

I refer to our competition supplementary regulations under the competition section of the forum for all the information you need.

Neil

PS if you are not a member then best to join.  If you are then great.

MattB

Thanks guys some great information, I look forward to coming to the next day to find out what its all about