Citroen DS4 rear windows

Started by ANG156, May 26, 2012, 10:56:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANG156

Last night i was at the aroca vic current model technical night. Anyway after the all the discussion was over, we went back into the showroom and a new citroen ds4 caught my eye. Looked nice, had hidden rear door handles like the giulietta and the rear styling was similiar. One of the technicians came up to me to talk about the car and the first thing he said was "the rear windows are non operative".
I said "what do you mean?" ??? ??? 
He responded "they don't go up and down".
I was like "bullshit"   :o :o :o

He opened the rear door and there was no window switch or window winder. He then goes on to tell me that when the car first came in they actually took the door card off to see if something was missing because no one could believe it. There's also no rear air con vent either and the back seat is the smallest i've ever seen for a four door car. Can you imagine the sales man trying to sell this car? How can you explain to a buyer that the rear windows don't operate and are only there for aesthetics? What about the rear passengers? They're definately going to feel claustrophobic.

We all thought Italian cars did some strange things but the french are worse. I guess thats why so many people believe the french should stick to cheese and wine making. LOL

colcol

Thats the sort of eccentric thing Citreon would do in the old days, not now that they are owned by Peugeot, i wonder how the Citreon peolple sneaked this past, like you would think in an accident, if the doors are jammed shut, you could open a window, to crawl out, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]