Alfasud Trofeo vs new Fiat 500

Started by Damon, March 05, 2008, 11:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damon

Hi everyone!

I thought it was time to take a plunge into local cyberspace and see what this forum is that I have heard all about.... Nice to see so many familliar and friendly names- hi!

As has been discussed elsewhere on this forum, there are 26 new Fiat 500's taking part in the celebrity race of the Melbourne GP next week.

These cars are 1.4 petrol (100bhp) cars with factory preparation for this event by Abarth including roll cage, Sabelt race seat and FIA harness, Eibach springs, Battery isolator, Tubi exhaust etc...

I had the pleasure of testing several of the cars at Calder last week and came away suprisingly impressed by the competence of these little cars. As they are to be subsequently sold- I think this could be just the excuse to drag out the helmet and enjoy a few track days again.

I would like to see as many of the cars remain in Victoria and continue competitive use (one is already entered in the Dutton Rally) Obviously it would be most enjoyable to run with other cars of comparable 'performance' and size.

Maybe this could be just the thing to stimulate the Alfasud/33 brigade again and some healthy sporting rivalry with the Fiat Club....

What do you think......?

alfagtv58

Hi Damon,

Welcome aboard!!  Sounds like Calder was a blast, my invite must have been lost in the mail.... ;D

It'll be interesting to see how much the Fiat's go for, I say you should get one (to add to the collection!).  I can see a club level 'one make series' in the making here.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Scott Farquharson

Hi Damon, Welcome!

So about how much do we think they will go for?
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

AGM155

$27,990ish if I'm not wrong, but I'm not sure how many are left.

Cars come with all the go fast parts, but also the original parts (so they can be registered for the road).
I think that parts include roll cage, race seat, exhaust, engine chip and suspension work (which I'm not sure of the specifics of).

Seem like fantastic value and heaps of fun if you can get your hands on one.

Damon

Hi again,

Thanks for the welcome, glad to see some others positive for the idea! I'm thinking that under $30k as a complianced road spec car is not bad considering that each car cost nearly $10k extra for the Abarth build. The cars I have seen are optioned up a bit with 16" sport alloy wheels, leather steering wheel and USB/bluetooth option.

The racing bits need to be removed to gain a compliance plate. If the car is not intended to be registered then racing bits can be left on as is but otherwise it is a road car supplied with parts to have some weekend fun!

There are still some cars left for sale - lets see how many we can keep in Victoria!

Can't wait for next weekend... aside from the GP the celebrity race should be much more fun than watching a field of BMW's fake 147's like last year....

Fast Eddie

A few might be on offer for a bit less after today's activities Damon, especially Luke Darcy's...

The F1 race wasnt too boring either :)
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV