Would like to find old EMR route

Started by Jack, April 13, 2012, 12:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Dear all
This is ages ago but in 06 i did am EMR with some of the club across the hills East of Melb. ending up on the North side for Lunch.
Would anybody still have the route page for this?
Any help most welcome.
Jack.
1975 Veloce

Paul Gulliver

Is that the one we started at Nunawading via God knows where and ended up in Templestowe for brunch??
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Fast Eddie

or was it my "Spurs" run - Nunawading to Healesville then the Black Spur to Marysville for coffee then back down the otherside via Reefton Spur to Warburton where we parked by the river for lunch?
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Jack

Hey Yes Paul.
It was the one one starting at Nunawading and than an amazing range of back roads with brunch
in Templestowe.
Does anyone have the route sheet?
Incidentally Eddie, your Spurs run sonds amazing.
Would you be willing to email or PM me the route?
Cheers
J.
1975 Veloce

Paul Gulliver

Jack,

I will have a look to see if i can find something but not hopeful. I do however remember that the run was organised by Damien Crea. I only remenber this because i was trying to keep up with Damien only to find out his 105 had a twin spark engine. Damien doesn't post here but it was a montage of his favourite drives around the East to Notheast suburbs and beyond (Kinglake area etc) .
(Jack also if i remember correctly i got lost with you and Gary Pearce we ended up down a dead end  with an Orchard at the end of the road. But it was suprizingly close to Diamond Creek)      
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Neil Choi

Interestingly, Trent Harrison and I rode the same EMR on road bikes and met at the finish in Templestowe for brunch.

We did see three 105 got lost as they caught up to us.

I will try and remember the route, go to look up Google Maps, but can't fully remember.

Neil

Fast Eddie

Quote from: Fast Eddie on April 13, 2012, 04:50:00 PM
or was it my "Spurs" run - Nunawading to Healesville then the Black Spur to Marysville for coffee then back down the otherside via Reefton Spur to Warburton where we parked by the river for lunch?

i dont have it any longer but it is dead simple and well worth the boring roads to get to.

Up Maroondah Highway through Lillydale to Healesville. Continue on to Narbethong on the same road over the "Black Spur" to Marysville.  Stop in town for a coffee and these days to put some money in their recovery coffers.

Continue out the other side of town, turn right (cant remember the road but form memory it is a T-intersection.  Continue on this route via the "Reefton Spur" toward Reefton and eventually out the other side to Warburton for a lunch stop.

Great roads but lots of bike traffic.

I remember the trip you are referring which was a Damian Crea run from the same Nunawading meeting point now that Neil refreshed the memory about him and Trent H on their pushies decked out in Alfa lycra.
(the lycra bit is a bad memory and needs to be repressed again).
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

John Hanslow

Got some info from Ed and Damien a few years back.

Thinking of a similar run we did in 2010.  Nunawadding to Marysville via Kangaroo Ground & Healesville for morning tea break.

It was easy going and sticking to main roads once we got to Healesville.

Then on to the Alpine Retreat Hotel in Warburton for a Club lunch.  It was a real ripper of a run and I recall the Fiat car Club joined in too.  We had about 50 cars and had to go in two groups.

Perhaps a Winter run would be nice .... ?

Cheers
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Jack

Well thanks all for your input.
Neil, I remember you and Trent turning up at the cafe.
Could not believe you had done the same thing on bikes. I felt so sloth like having charged along in my
Spider sucking cold take away coffee, and I was smoking then!
Paul, I remember coming to a dead end with another Spider and I think a GTV. I was having quite a time in my car
being alone, navigating and driving the thing as fast as I ever have. I do remember being surprised by the pace at times.
It's a wonder I made it to the end at all.
I was very busy trying to read the directions and stay on the road!
Thanks Eddie for the route rundown. I might try and get a run going in the car I drive now.
It is sporty but I admit I'm concerned mentioning what it is here.
It's amazing what a marital change will do to your assets.
Gotta say tho, boy I had fun on that run, and I really really miss that little car!
Cheers
J.
1975 Veloce