AROCA Sandown on IPL

Started by colcol, May 02, 2012, 08:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcol

In Victoria on Community Channel 44 there is a motorsport program called IN PIT LANE, hosted by Brett Ramsay, who was a guest speaker a few years ago at a club night and a trophy presenter at an Annual Dinner about 10 years ago, they had a feature on Club Sprinting and one of the former volunteers on In Pit Lane spoke about the AROCA Club Sprint he attended last Sunday, the mans name was Richard Outrim, [or similar], he spoke of how affordable the AROCA run event was and very well run, with Uncle Neil what else would you expect?, he said he had an old Alfetta that he took to the wreckers to try and sell, and they didn't want it, so he decided to start Sprinting it, best fun for $200 he ever had!, just need a good roadworthy car, fire extinguisher with a metal bracket, extra return spring on the carby, secondary bonnet catch, a good racing harness, Australian Standard 1698 Helmut and a strap for the tailshaft and off you go, i won't bore you any more, just look on casebook, metube or twitty, and there will be something on it, Brett Ramsay, when is this guy going to get a gold Logie, much more deserving than anyone else the past few years, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Frank Musco

It was great to hear about the AROCA sprint on TV. I have noticed that every few years Brett Ramsey does a segment on Club Sprints. A few years ago I noticed Brett at a msca sprint, and the next week my brothers Alfa Sprint was on TV going through turn 3 at Sandown!

At Sandown I was checking a Black LJ Torana and the driver turned out to be Michael Curson, from the other petrol head show 'Gasoline'. They occasionally cover motorsport in their show, like the P.I six hour Regularity. I noticed Michael had a big smile on his face at the end of the day, (even though he was driving a Torana!), perhaps someone should contact Michael and let them know about the AROCA six hour and so on? It would be great to see some TV coverage of such a professional event.

colcol

I think they know about our 6 hour, the proper one, the EBC-RDA Brakes 6 Hour that goes all the way back to the 50's, when it was run on the aeroplane landing strip at the Goverment Aircraft Factory at Fishermans Bend, the 'other' 6 hour at P.I., is a CAMS approved relay race, ours is AASA regularity at Winton, IPL don't want to upset CAMS by giving any coverage to the more successful 6 hour that is booked out 20 seconds after entrys open, In My Opinion anyway, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Neil Choi

Think there will be a replay of that episode at 5:30 am Thursday 3 May.

They don't seem to put it up on catch up replay on their website.

Knew about Richard Outram and Michael Curson attending, but never got the chance to catch them, just too busy dealing with problems.

Guess the local club scene is alive and well.

Neil