Anyone know this Victorian stepfront Alfa Junior GT 1300 Race Car?

Started by ItalCarGuy, February 13, 2012, 05:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dehne

now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

aggie57

Quote from: dehne on February 13, 2012, 08:03:17 PM
I dont know it, but im trying to buy it.

9 days to go Dehne. I wouldn't wear out your keyboard just yet.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Tastarga

Yes. i am pretty sure this is the car Matt Phillip ran in Targa in the late90's early 00's.He sold it a few years ago, so don't know its current condition.

It was resonably competitive, has twin master cylinder (no boosters) etc. Matt is a "boys toys" mobile machanic, went to school with me, and assembled my motor before targa 2011. Was in partnership with Ian tate, and apprenticed to Harry Firth.I am sure he would be happy to tell you what he knows about it, and its life post him, if he knows. He can be contacted on  0412 327 519.

Whoever buys it is obliged to join the battlle with NZ Fiats in 2013 - see my article in Cross & Serpent!!
Alfa 75 Twin Spark (daily driver)
Alfa 1750 GTV Rally Car (Targa Tasmania etc)
Alfa 1750 GTV Road car
Ferrari 365GT 2+2 (Former Targa car)
MG TC supercharged X2 (All purpose fun cars)

17fitty

ItalCarGuy

Sure is! 9 different bidders already with 7 days to go. Nothing more appealing than an ex-racer stepfront! Its very cool if its run the Targa before. I'll just be content with my '67 project for now.

Pedro69

Yeah Derek, second what Pancho said. Also it doesn't need to be an ex-race car! And what about the AC's. Opps, was I not supposed to mention that? Mate I think you should buy them all, definately your turn. If you need somewhere to store them, I'm more than happy to abide, with the occasional routine test drive around the paddock of course.

bix

EZEE

Yes it would be nice to know what sort of car it is. Always hard to tell from pictures on the internet. I noticed on another forum some discussion about whether the bidding was legit - I think (know?) it was. Step nose Giulia's are rare and desirable and it seems like a reasonable price to me - without giving too much away my only problem was I had no time nor anybody to inspect it hence the decision not to keep "pulling the trigger" . In fact it was comments on another forum that worried me about the "unknown" that caused me stop early. So if that was a tactic it worked :)

Either way congrats to the new buyer, hopefully it is someone on this forum, we all hope it is a sound purchase and gets used again after so long in storage and YES please give us pictures/stories - it's what makes it all fun.

EZEE