Alfa 166

Started by alfagtv152, May 23, 2012, 08:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv152

Hi Guys,
Just bought myself a luxury limo,getting old and looking for comfort to suit my bad back on Club runs.
It is Ontario Blue with dark blue interior, it is in pretty good order. I bought it from a chap in NSW that owned from when it was 1yr old,mostly small issues but the ones that really annoy me are the CV boots need replacing.
I posted a wanted for the 256pg owners manual and ICS manual.I am supposed to sell my 1975 GT now!.
Cheers
Andrew Scadding
SEE YOUR BACKSIDE TRACKSIDE.White 156 TI JTS,Silly Speed.

gergory

make sure you check the heater core is not leaking over the ecu.
to check take off the side panels to thr centre console rgds
if it is bag the ecu and replace the heater core with a copper custom made.
CURRENT  75 3 LITRE
GTV 2001 3 LITRE
SAAB 9-3 3DOOR
PREVIOUS 33 P4
GRAND PRIX
156 MONZA
GTR XU1
GTHO
MONARO 327
CARLOS SAINZ GRP A 4WD
HSV CLUBSPORT
XU6

alfagtv152

Thanks for the tip.
Cheers
Andrew

colcol

And put a waterproof cover over the computer, [like some sort of plastic shield, i am thinking ice cream container], for when the heater starts to leak, the computers can be worth more than the car, i wonder if the people who fix car computers could fix one off a 166, may be worth finding out, Constant Velocity boots need replacing, not a too hard job, biggest problem will be undoing the driveshaft nut on the wheel hub, maybe gets some good second hand Constant Velocity joints and drive shafts from a Alfa Wrecker, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

wankski

zip lock bag works best...

use a proper durable glad one, and cut the end off it... open the zip part and unscrew the ecu off it's bracket... slip the bag over and refit the ecu, simply pierce the bag with the screw... zip lock the front... use some duct tape or just wide tape to get a 'close' fit to the rear mounted loom...

don't go nuts and try to seal it... u're only protecting it... ECUs have parts on the PCB that get hot and you don't want condensation to build up inside... u just wanna give it a rain jacket.....

otherwise u can just wrap it in glad wrap...

ANG156

My friend relocated the ecu in his 166 using the same wiring loom. There was no need for extensions or anything. I should get him to post photos up

alfagtv152

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the tips,I looked today and it appears that the ECU is under the Glove box behind a kick panell.
Can anyone tell me where the timer is for the intermittant wipers and the Cruise control appears dead,any tips?.
Cheers
Andrew

Sheldon McIntosh

It's the ecu for the gearbox that gets leaked on by the heater.  Better look again.

alfagtv152

Thanks Sheldon,
Will do!.
Cheers
Andrew