Alfa 155 Touring Car

Started by colcol, May 24, 2012, 08:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcol

David Auger was Martin Brundle's [formula1 commentator] co-driver a long time ago, the Alfa 155 Super Tourer is now being raced in the Hungarian Touring car series, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

colcol

The Alfa Club got to go and see the Valvoline Alfa 155 Super Tourer at Gary Rogers Racing behind his Nissan Dealership in Springvale Rd. Melbourne, it was the best attended Technical night, with about 80 turning out, and the team manager told us how about they purchased it, they made some enquires about purchasing a Alfa 155, as it was the 'must have' car, as it was destroying its opposition in the B.T.C.C., they found one in Italy, went across to Italy, looked at it, were not allowed to drive it, team wanted an massive deposit, [$200,000], if i remember rightly, they said give us the money and your car will arrive in 6 weeks, they nervously handed over the money, not sure whether the car would turn up, on time the car turned up at the docks, the car was a very good one, it was a spare that had never been raced, [or crashed!], that night, the President Ian James handed driver Steven Richards an Alfa Club membership, about 2 weeks later, i was out at Calder doing some work, and on the back of a car trailer the 155 turned up for a bit of a shakedown, i walked over for a perve on the car and on the back window of the 155 was 'Alfa Romeo Owners Club Member' sticker, i then watched with amazement to see the 155 turn a few, [possibly] its first laps in Australia, i was so chuffed to see MY MARQUE racing around a race track, what are Alfa doing now on race tracks?, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]