Alfa Romeo 4c

Started by John Hanslow, June 01, 2012, 12:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Hanslow

At least this one has made it past the design stage and looks like a reality.

Will it be in RHD ?

Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Evan Bottcher

Surely this is still the same prototype that was at the shows last year?  It doesn't look to have progressed much further towards production, judging by the unlikely interior design.

Much nicer in proper paint instead of the rubbish matte finish IMO.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

1750GT

The word from most sources is that the 4C will be made in RHD and will arrive in Australia in last half of 2014/first half of 2015.

A recent article, which I haven't been able to find again is that Alfa are definetly working toward the production version. They have apparently re-considered the carbon fibre tub due to cost reasons and are now considering an advanced composite. Production will be thru the maserati factory.

Price point is still being considered in the 70K price target and now that Fiat/Chrsyler are taking distribution in Australia this means direct pricing rather than pricing thru Aeteco(previous distributer) so margin will be cut and therefore the price may be pretty sharp.

Heres a link to a recent article:   http://www.themotorreport.com.au/54253/alfa-romeo-4c-takes-design-award-at-conocorso-deleganza-villa-deste

1750GT

aussiehcviva

regardless of the price point in of the car, in this price range it will be subject to our bullshit luxury car tax designed and will, as a result, end up over the $100,000 mark.

1750GT

I wouldn't be so negative, whilst the luxury car tax will be an issue, Fiat has now taken over supply of the whole Fiat stable (Fiat, Alfa, chrysler etc.) in Australia from Aeteco, the previous impoter of Fiat products. Now that Fiat has taken over directly and are agressive in pushing product, expect some sharp pricing. They are still quoting a $70K price point in the showroom and as low as mid 60K.

So lets hope that this comes true and we see a few on Aussie roads.

1750GT

Gotta B Red

Quote from: 1750GT on June 03, 2012, 10:27:32 PM
The word from most sources is that the 4C will be made in RHD and will arrive in Australia in last half of 2014/first half of 2015.

A recent article, which I haven't been able to find again is that Alfa are definetly working toward the production version. They have apparently re-considered the carbon fibre tub due to cost reasons and are now considering an advanced composite. Production will be thru the maserati factory.

Price point is still being considered in the 70K price target and now that Fiat/Chrsyler are taking distribution in Australia this means direct pricing rather than pricing thru Aeteco(previous distributer) so margin will be cut and therefore the price may be pretty sharp.

Heres a link to a recent article:   http://www.themotorreport.com.au/54253/alfa-romeo-4c-takes-design-award-at-conocorso-deleganza-villa-deste

Hi All
I wonder what is meant by term and within the link by "replaced with a cheaper but lightweight sheet-moulding composite alternative"
Isn't carbon fibre in it's usable/moldable (resin supported) forms an advanced composite? I wonder if they mean sandwich molding? Sheet molding will equal..... very ugly cars flat and very unimaginative.
What is it that's cheaper .... the process or the material(s)?

How about roto-molded P.E.?  ..... fix'm with a soldering iron and a heat gun! .... I can hear the dolly boys screamin' already.

1750GT