Alfa GTV/GTV6 bonnet liner heat sheild

Started by Sir Lancelot, June 15, 2012, 12:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Lancelot

SOLD!

---------

It's made of special blend of 1/4 inch thick closed cell nitrile vinyl foam rubber designed for aircraft firewalls and bulkheads.

It adds a much cleaner look to your engine compartment, holds up to water, oil, petrol and mildew, much better than the OEM hood pads and keeps the exterior of the hood cool while not reflecting engine heat back down toward your intake. It's actually made for covering the firewall in aircraft and is FAA approved for aircraft.

Compare this hood liner to a factory original or factory replacement.
                                                  Factory Liner               This Liner
Will it rot?                                    Yes                                 No
Material                                        Latex Foam              Vinyl Nitrile
Fire Retardant                              No                               Yes
Sound Insulator                            Yes                              Yes
Heat Insulator                               Somewhat                  Yes
Oil resistant                                   No                               Yes
Chemical resistant                       No                               Yes
Water resistant                             No                               Yes
Mildew Resistant                          No                               Yes
Washable                                      No                               Yes

Made of 1/4 inch nitrile vinyl closed cell foam rubber, it will not absorb water or oil. Its light, and is also fire retardant and insulates against sound and heat.
You can wash it and hose it off. Since it's made for aircraft firewalls and bulkheads, it's extremely light and unlike the factory liner will not absorb water and resists mildew. It has a smooth finish and the color is black. Its pre cut to fit all model Alfa GTVs with the same hood design as seen in the photographs.  Does not come with red Alfa logo.

I used "Fuller HBF 730 RTV adhesive and sealant" to secure the cover, which works very well.

marinoci

Hi I would be interested but im in Brissy.

Can it be rolled up for shipping?
1985 GTV6; 1974 Spider

Sir Lancelot

It certainly can be - PM me your post code and i'll get you an estimate. I'll be doing it through this website, and it's cheaper if it's done depot-to-depot, but depot-to-door is also possible.

Booking:
http://www.e-go.com.au/home.do;jsessionid=9BD3FB3A0858DAEACB30C53FBE119243

Depots:
http://www.e-go.com.au/depot_locations_inframe.do

Cheers,
Alex.

Sir Lancelot