Aussie Aussie Aussie......Go Go Go....

Started by paul edwards, November 12, 2010, 10:02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcol

Who gives a stuff about what they are like, that race was an absolute ripper!, Formula 1 has been boring the last few years, now DRS which allows overtaking, soft and hard tyres, tyres wearing out and loosing their grip, more overtaking, more stratergy, even last night, cars breaking down, you try to tell people why you like motor racing, and its because of what happened last night, and Webber 19th to 4th or possibly 3rd, how good was that, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

L4OMEO

Sigh ... Colin, don't spoil a good thread!
2002 156 GTA

aggie57

Finally the FIA dudes understand F1 is as much about entertainment as the technology.  Like you say Colin, DRS and the tyres this year have completely transformed it.  I used to go to sleep watching the replay; not anymore.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

ProvaRacing

Quote from: Sheldon McIntosh on June 25, 2012, 11:01:24 PM
Quote from: Choderboy on June 25, 2012, 07:52:34 PM
I don't understand what you mean?

ProvaRacing must have accidentally edited his post after he originally published it.  

So I think he's just trying to say that Alonso is a really, really, nice guy.  Fair enough.

Ok I will explain or rather clarify what happened. Yes original post was meant to be the post however when I was editing it became difficult to scroll down and see exactly what I was changing, maybe due to too many quotes, in the end I had to delete most until I could work out why. Still can't understand why it prevents me seeing what i am editing.

In any case what I am saying is at the time of the original posts (in 2010) and ever since the only cry baby in F1 drivers parade has been Lewis...even to the point of losing concentration whilst questioning every call from his team. How anyone could bag someone else without a mention of Lewis is puzzling.

As for Alonso he has been given a flawed car for the last two seasons and yet not once has he whined or whinged before, during or after a race...he just gives 100% all the time and it is this attribute that sees him leading the title chase (by coincidence with Mark in second).

So the heavy abuse was over the top and I suspect motivated to attack me as I had mentioned him, rather than an accurate description of the who's who of cry babies.

Evan Bottcher

Let me understand this a little better - you think that because someone doesn't like Alonso, that they are attacking you.  So in response you call one person a 'failed journo', and another a 'huge shit'.

Have I got that right?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Anthony Miller

I'm sure there a rules about personal insults on this forum, I for one do not log on to read crap like this
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

Frank Musco

Quote from: aggie57 on June 26, 2012, 08:10:09 AM
      I used to go to sleep watching the replay; not anymore.

Yes, I have actually fallen asleep watching the replays from the previous years, but not this year. I find I have to watch the replay just to wrap my head around what has just happened. Previously I would only focus on a few leading cars, but now I feel like almost anyone can win.
How does one explain Webber finishing 4th from 19th!!! And I'd love to hear Vettel explaining why his team mate Webber is second in the championship..Ha Ha.

Colin, you say Webber possibly third. I agree. I thought I actually saw the open wing on Schueys merc while he had Webber poised to pass him near the end of the race, and I also thought I saw a graphic at the same time with the green DRS light ON!?!? I nearly fell off my couch. Did you also see that?

How about Vettels qualifying lap. I hate to admit it, fricken awesome, waits to the last second, goes out, and gave them all a lesson! It was Vettel, then all the rest.

Go Webber!!

colcol

Frank you and me go to the G.P. at Albert Park, and stand at the side of the track and see what great drivers these blokes are, even the H.R.T. drivers are good, Alonso has to be driver of the year, he is the best driver in a average car, but did you notice the mistake that Red Bull made, the wrong car broke down during the race, after Mark had all that trouble during Qually, i used to fall asleep, now afterwards i can't fall asleep, 3 hours sleep on Monday morning, [but worth it], Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Evan Bottcher

Locking this thread at request of the club president, with the suggestion to start a new F1 thread but no personal abuse or it will be removed.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal