Where's the Fire ?

Started by Gotta B Red, July 18, 2012, 03:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gotta B Red

bix

No, but I think you should buy it and take it to our next sprint event so I can check it out!

L4OMEO

This car has been on and off the market for a loooooooong time. The price is starting to head towards the reasonable end of the scale.
2002 156 GTA

Gotta B Red

Thanks Guys,
In the under the bonnet shot, where's the pump? or was that shot taken at it's very first service,before being force-fed, it looks pristine.
Blowers aren't exactly small components and a little difficult to hide.
Still remember an old mate of mine trying desparately to avoid a yellow canary by telling the walloper "it's not a supercharger SIR",  "it's a new A/C compressor" ..... sure sonny, tell that to the magistrate! Many laughs had by all for years and years .... he got the defect notice and the speeding fine.

I'm guessing but with a claimed 300plus ponies (240kW ATW) is it likely to be only supercharged?
I'm not sure how the extra half litre or so capacity is achieved, boring or stroking?

Sorry Bix, much as I'd love to oblige for my own curiosity alone, I think this car could be more trouble than it's worth.

Cheers,
Andy

bix

Quote from: Gotta B Red on July 19, 2012, 09:57:30 AM

I'm guessing but with a claimed 300plus ponies (240kW ATW) is it likely to be only supercharged?
I'm not sure how the extra half litre or so capacity is achieved, boring or stroking?

Sorry Bix, much as I'd love to oblige for my own curiosity alone, I think this car could be more trouble than it's worth.

I believe it's one of these units http://www.autodeltashop.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_59&products_id=231 with the blower hidden away under all that engine. I wonder if he had to fund the Autodelta dude's flights over to Australia for the installation...