Targo Florio 1973

Started by Sheldon McIntosh, June 30, 2012, 08:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheldon McIntosh

Amazing footage of practise for the Targa, on open roads.  Yes, there are Alfas...

ProvaRacing

Is it any wonder it was the last Targa Florio...I can imagine Giuseppe going out to his Fiat 128 sedan to go to the local shop only to be confronted by a red racing sportscar..."che cazzo รจ successo!!!"

Hey the Targa Florio it's in the Italian DNA so they take it as it comes...but Sheldon you could have at least supplied a translation to this...just as well I remember some French from secondary school for this Swiss language program.

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: ProvaRacing on June 30, 2012, 10:02:37 PM
...but Sheldon you could have at least supplied a translation to this...just as well I remember some French from secondary school for this Swiss language program.

I wish I could have, unfortunately my schoolboy French is extremely limited.  To be honest the first time I watched this video I didn't even realise there was commentary, the engine sounds are just magical.

Cool Jesus

That's absolutely awesome footage Sheldon! Love being able to hear what those engines sounded like.
What was up with that sedan travelling towards the racers at the 3.10 minute mark? Did they not close off the roads?

Wat up... there's more. Men walking their donkeys on the driving line around a corner. Kids playing on the turns, actually there seemed to be a smaller kid being picked on by the older ones.

Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS