badges removal

Started by phri, July 06, 2012, 11:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phri

I want to give my gtv3.0 a paint job, as the clear coat has blisters everywhere. Found a mob who can do it for a decent price if I strip the car myself from all badges, door rubbers, locks etc.
How are the badges fixed on the car? Looks like their glued. How can I get these of the car undamaged? Any tricks to do this easy? And what do I use to fix them back? Any places where I can get new badges for the sides and bootlid?

colcol

The badges are usually held on with double sided tape, use a paint scraper carefully under the badge to slowly seperate the tape from the body and the badge, to put them back on, prepsol the paintwork to remove any polish or grease, also clean the badge, then put the double sided tape on the badge and carefully position the badge on the paintwork, the Alfa Romeo badges can be purchased off Ebay easily enough, the model naming badges, try Alfa wreckers or Alfa spare part places in the UK such as EB Spares or The Alfa Workshop, don't stick the badges on too good, as you may have to take them off one day and if someone decides to steal them, you don't want them to dint and scratch your panel too badly getting them off, just take the badges [you bastard!] and don't stuff the paintwork, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]