Free publicity for your car - classic car wanted at Fed Square!

Started by Sir Lancelot, July 04, 2012, 10:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Lancelot

I've an odd request for anyone out there that has a car from the 50s to the 70s, or thereabouts. It doesn't necessarily have to be an Alfa, but it is of course always nice to see an Alfa on show!

The Australian Youth Climate Coalition (AYCC) are gearing up for a National Youth Referendum on Renewable Energy for which the media launch is next Thursday, at Fed Square (9:30am-11:30am) - A classic car is required for the launch and photoshoot! The attention will be put towards a vote - on one side will feature green hard hats and props renewable energy etc., and on the other a vintage scene with people in period clothing and hopefully topped off with a classic car. The signs over each half of the scene will be "This? or This?", i.e. a vote.

Iif you're interesting in bring a car along to the photo shoot or would like to know more, please let me know! It will likely be postponed if it's raining. Also, if you're interested, the weight limit at Fed Square is 500kg/1m^2, although I imagine that most cars will pass that weight limit. There should be about 150 people in attendance. The band Blue King Brown will also be there playing some tunes at some point.