Wrecking a 164

Started by Sheldon McIntosh, July 16, 2012, 10:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheldon McIntosh

Hi all.

I'll be wrecking a 164 over the next couple of weeks.  At this stage all I'll be keeping are the engine (and associated electrics and ancillaries), all badges, and the front brakes.  Once those are out I'll be cutting up the car for scrap, so let me know if you need anything.  Car is complete and in reasonable shape as far as I know.  It was running fine when it was parked a year ago, only issue being A/C steppers and the steering rack bushes.

I'm starting tomorrow, and I'm not planning on being gentle with anything I don't need, so let me know in a hurry if you want anything.  Parts will be extremely cheap, preferably pick-up from either Thornbury area or Brunswick (Melbourne).

Steve S

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: Steve S on July 17, 2012, 03:46:38 PM
Manual or Auto?

Now that was a question I wasn't expecting.  It's an Auto.

Steve S

There goes my "extremely cheap" gearbox  :'(  ;D

Beatle

Quote from: Sheldon McIntosh on July 16, 2012, 10:48:18 PM

I'm starting tomorrow, and I'm not planning on being gentle with anything

Sheldon, can you at least cross yourself and say a prayer over the poor thing before you start................ :(
Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd
'04 GT 3.2 Rosso/Tan - Glorious
'02 156 V6 Auto Rosso/Tan - Useful daily

Mika

Hi Sheldon,

I would be interested in the plastic panel that sits on the lower part of the door, I am after the one for the drivers door and maybe the back left door. They do however need to be in very good or better condition. Also if the flap over the radio works and you can work out how to get it out I could be interested in that also.

Let me know if they are available and how much you want.

Cheers,

Miichael

stustustu123

Is it a sunroof car?  I need a sunroof control panel surround that isn't sticky (mine is goopy).  How about the plastic grille bits that sit either side of the chrome heart on the bonnet?  Are the interior door handles (particularly the drivers!) ok?
2007 159 SW 2.4 JTDM
1993 164 Super
Past:
1994 164 Super (Blue)
1992 164Q (Black)
1989 164 (White)
1988 75 3.0 V6
1983 Sud Ti

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: Paul Bayly on July 19, 2012, 07:11:38 PM
Sheldon, can you at least cross yourself and say a prayer over the poor thing before you start................ :(

I'll do that just before I start up the demo-saw....

Quote from: Mika on July 19, 2012, 08:56:53 PM
I would be interested in the plastic panel that sits on the lower part of the door, I am after the one for the drivers door and maybe the back left door. They do however need to be in very good or better condition. Also if the flap over the radio works and you can work out how to get it out I could be interested in that also.

Someone else has previously PMed me about some exterior parts, but if he doesn't want them you're next in line.  I'll get some pics up early next week.  If the flap over the radio works, and if I can get my petrol-powered saw inside the car I'll get it out for you.

Quote from: stustustu123 on July 20, 2012, 08:58:49 PM
Is it a sunroof car?  I need a sunroof control panel surround that isn't sticky (mine is goopy).  How about the plastic grille bits that sit either side of the chrome heart on the bonnet?  Are the interior door handles (particularly the drivers!) ok?

No sunroof.  I took off the bonnet the other day, and as far as I'm aware the plastic grill bits are just fine.  Come and grab the whole bonnet if you want, it's in perfect condition as far as I can see.  Don't know about the interior door handles (well, I know they work just fine, don't know about how they look), but you're second in line for those, again I'll post pics and let you know.

Prices for all parts are just whatever you feel like they're worth.  Unless it's something that takes me ages to get off, in which case I'll charge like the proverbial (not really, but you know).  I only got this car for the few bits that I need, but I just feel like it would be a shame to throw away a whole bunch of parts that other guys could use.

I should get some pics up early next week.

oz3litre

Does this car have the large centre brake light in the rear window? If so, I am looking for one in excellent condition. It fits onto the window itself with keyhole slots.
2010 159 ti TBI. Red. Wife's daily driver.
2013 Giulietta Sportiva 1.4 MA. Anthracite Metalic  My daily driver.
2009 Mito Sport 1.4 TBI. Red. Daughter's daily driver.
1999 GTV V6. Black. Son's daily driver.

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: Mika on July 19, 2012, 08:56:53 PM

Plastic panels are no good, they're all scraped.  Forgot to check the flap over the radio, but it appears to be working, going on this pic.  Will investigate removing it.

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: oz3litre on July 26, 2012, 11:03:32 AM
Does this car have the large centre brake light in the rear window? If so, I am looking for one in excellent condition. It fits onto the window itself with keyhole slots.

Doesn't appear to, going by this pic..

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: stustustu123 on July 20, 2012, 08:58:49 PM

Pics of grille, and door handles.

Paul Gulliver

Sheldon,

Must have been a very early 164 if you had it on Historic plates.  :)
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Sheldon McIntosh

I was wondering which wag would be the first to comment on that.  Ahh, they were just on there while I moved it the, ah, 20 meters or so from one place to the next...