What Platform for ePER?

Started by Gotta B Red, August 16, 2012, 01:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gotta B Red

Hi All,
Just wondering whether ePER will run on a Mac? Is the abilty to run Internet Explorer the issue or are there other platform related obstacles. The 32/64 bit issue is not a problem either as I have both
I'm not talking modern "Intel" macs but older models.

I'd really like to see some exploded diagrams of components and relevant parts and their catalogued numbers.And read/peruse some workshop manuals.
I'm guessing in the negative, but is hard copy out of the question, were they ever produced?
Cheers,
Andy

Cool Jesus

Hey Andy, what's ePer? Sounds interesting.
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

wankski

i access ePer with chrome, so IE is not it...

ePer is the electronic online parts resource.

bix

It certainly doesn't work with Firefox but with IE it's fine.

Gotta B Red

As yet I don't REALLY know.
As wankski states, it's an electronic parts resource maybe manuals too, that is somehow linked to a web browser and I thought it was I.E. seems I'm mistaken.
It is stated on a couple of sites I found reference to the material that it does require a computer still capable of 32bit addressing and is incompatible with 64bit addressing.Something I find a little hard to believe. I've ordered an item I think may rely on ePER I'll soon find out .... it may turn out to be a waste of money but it's not a lot.

It's been fun and informative but save for an apology in a different section this is my last post to this forum.
Thanks Everyone.
Adios,
Andy

wankski

eh? why are you leaving? did you buy another brand? in that case, lemme show you the door?  ;D  ;)

i think i detected some kind of confrontation - trust me - we all been there with the beige brigade...

brush it off - from what little i have read of your posts - you have the passion!

i can't PM you for some reason - but if you wanna stay in the alfa-fold, i'd like to invite you over to www.ausalfa.com  - good, light hearted crew!

Stuart Thomson

To Cool Jesus, Wankski and Gotta B Red,

It was MY decision to have your posts removed from the forum.

The term used is derogatory, much like many others which society has passed by as we have become more civilised.

It, and other terms like it, will not be tolerated on a car club forum.

This forum acts as an insight into the various Alfa Owners Clubs around Australia, how would you feel if you saw a derogatory remark about your particular religion/belief/skin colour etc.?  Would you join a club which tolerates this?

As for taking things in the wrong context, I'm sorry but that is also not an excuse for insulting people.  I have recently had this discussion on another forum ...

People all around the world seem to have been communicating by the written word for a long time, when was written language invented?
Perhaps you will detect a nuance of sarcasm in the above words, strangely enough you would be right.
Maybe people should THINK about what they write, rather than just capture a stream of consciousness?
Maybe they should read their post back before hitting the "post" button?
It is a cop out to claim, "Oh, I didn't mean THAT!" after you have written something that someone else finds offensive.

As for posting a "sincere apology" that clearly is not, spitting the dummy and leaving because YOU did the wrong thing and had your post removed, that behaviour is childish.

If you have any complaints, please use president@alfaclubvic.org.au

Regards
Stuart Thomson
President, AROCA Vic

wankski

aah, i c, i c...   :-\

is aroca vic an incorporated association? if so, i can certainly see the point.

anyways, offending posts removed, well and truly dealt with - can't we move on?