30mm Pace Torsion bars (early Alfetta) (swap for 28's?)

Started by Midda Samid, August 16, 2012, 09:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midda Samid

Hi

I have a pair of 30mm Pace Torsion Bars that I would like to swap for a pair of 28mm.. They measure 30.4mm with the vernier and they are currently still keeping my car off the ground(hence the request to swap). To be clear, they are the long torsion bar from the early 116 with the removeable rear crossmember(won't suit 75's and GTV6's with the short bars)

I bought them(and a bag of other suspension goodies) in 2004 with the intention of spending my weekends blatting around racetracks in my road going Alfetta, but in reality, the car has seen the track once(sandown in the peessing rain) and they are realistically too heavy for typical street use.. The car was stored on stands for a few years (2007-10), so they haven't had a great deal of use.. They are good in the dry, but with a little rain or just damp on the road, they are just too firm (the ding in my drivers side simmons rim is testament to this as I skated over a roundabout in toorak). weight transfer under braking loads is difficult and hard braking is really only possible with dry roads (or maybe better tyres in the wet).. that said, turn-in is fantastic with a little induced oversteer with a mild throttle.. dry roads are my playground.

I am basically saying I bought them because I wanted them, not because they suit the application.

If anyone has a set of 28's they are finding a little soft for the track, then PM me and we can discuss a swapsies. I'm in bayside suburbs, Melbourne.. Or alternatively if you have a set of 28's that you no longer want, i might take them off your hands for the right price..
'77 116 GTV

Storm_X

I have a pare of 28.7mm TBs, I'm just thinking if I want thicker or not
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

Midda Samid

Hi StormX, I think you are currently addressing your concerns in another thread..  :)

I currently have a taker for the 30's, but until the deal is done, this thread will remain open..

Cheers
'77 116 GTV

Storm_X

"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"