What's the colour of my 2002 156 called?

Started by Bellbird, July 21, 2012, 03:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bellbird

BTW - Paid the cash and faxed the form to become a member about 10 days ago but still not a member.... Richard!!!!!  I want to look 'real' on this site as a full member! ;D  ;D  ;D

ACE

Quote from: Bellbird on August 14, 2012, 04:10:22 PM
...I want to look 'real' on this site as a full member! ;D  ;D  ;D
Just 61 posts to go then Bellbird  ;D

Bellbird

Bellbird

"The Tach is your problem. It's well known and documented on the net.
Until you get it sorted you will just go through batteries again and again and again (pattern here)" (Craig_m67)

Well, Crain_m67, you were right!  Got a new tacho today AND a new serious battery and guess what, the problem is completely fixed!  Took about 10 mins to change the tacho over (not me doing it).  So, no more flat batteries for five or so years, hopefully! :)

colcol

Hey Bellbird, more detail, what sort of battery did you get, and whats the cold start cranking amps, and where did you get the rev counter, you buy it or your service provider, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Bellbird

I got Tim from Zoo Autocraft (there's a plug for you Tim ;D) to do it all and I trust him 10000%.  Just better and easier if he does it all.  He got a 'big' battery (can't remember the brand) but know it is the re McCoy and will last for ages.  He also got the rev counter from an Alfa wrecker in Sydney and I know he got a gooden'.  I recommend Tim to EVERYONE (even if you have to travel from VIC or TAS to get to him -  ;D ;D ;D)

colcol

I was wondering if the rev counters have this problem of shorting out sending the battery flat, a second hand one will most likely do the same down the track, i was curious to find out if a new genuine Alfa Romeo rev counter has been modified, so it doesn't short out and send the battery flat, anyone know?, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Bellbird

Good point Col!  Only time will tell I suppose.  I just hope it isn't the case because I now have the serious battery.  All working very well for now.

Everyone - Forgot to mention the ACT in my last post.  Woo.....can't forget them! :o