Bathurst - who's going ?

Started by kartone, September 24, 2012, 01:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kartone

Plan to drive up Friday morning and return Monday; $165.- per ticket, a bit steep, but hey there's only one Bathurst !
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

giulia_veloce

I will be there Friday only= a guest of Michael Caruso car 34,,who is a NSW Alfa club member for his licence.

Rather watch it on TV on Saturday + Sunday

Go the Holdens,or whatever they are supposed to look like.

Oh,,and then there is this weekend at Winton for the East Coast Challenge-NSW,VIC,QLD
I will be there raceing with my fellow club members in a Black Alfa 75 TS,,car number 75
Go the ALFAS,cause they look more like cars than the current V8 Supercars
Cya at Bathurst Kartone

Robert

colcol

Are you still allowed to take a couch in?, buy one on the way up, strap it to the roof, sit on it all weekend, and when the race is over, set it on fire, along with all the other Bogans who set fire to an old $50 Falcon or Commodore, last year of the Red vs Blue, next year 4 makes in the Nascar of the Future, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

giulia_veloce

Where is your sence of adventure Colcol.
Amazing what you can learn up the top of the mountain
A keg with a pressure gauge and relief valve= Hot water
A purpose bulit pisser,which you piss in a funnel.Ends up in someone elses campsite.
I remember driveing my VK,ex cop chaser up there.
Mate,,was I popular,driving through the maze,and all the guys saying to my girlfriend at the time.=Show us ya tits.
Thats another story.
Burning of a car or 3 was good entertainment.
Call me whatever you like.
When someone else supplies the entertainment,,Im usually there.
Like this weekend at Winton
East coast challenge
NSW vs QLD and VIC.
Should be great.
Phil B says the circuit goes anticlockwise
Time to change a front doughnut and some rear brakepads on the 75
Always a last minute thing.

Robert

kartone

best viewing areas accessable to general admission ?
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

L4OMEO

Plenty. Try down by the Chase on the inside of the circuit, Hell corner (good braking zone and you can watch the drag race up Mountain Straight), then take one of the free shuttle buses up to the top of the mountain and as long as you can squeeze in with the crowd it's brilliant viewing the whole way across the top from Reid Park, McPhillamy, through to Skyline. From there you can walk the whole way down to around about Forest's Elbow but I preferred the top. Skyline is a must-see - take a walk down past it and get a good picture in your head of that section, then go back up and watch the braking points  :o 

Remember you have all day to wander so no need to rush, just make sure you plan to be at a good spot for the milestone moments (race start & last hour) and you should be able to see plenty of the action from numerous angles.

If you want a beer while you're up there you can't BYO so you'll get herded into a fenced-off compound to 'enjoy' your $8 XXXX.

Recommend you bring wet-weather footwear as it gets muddy as hell all round the circuit if there's any rain, and don't miss the Touring Car Masters class.

Oh, and don't wear an 'I love Nissan GT-R' shirt - the crowd has improved markedly over the past years and is generally quite tame, but some still have long memories (and can still be a pack of arseholes....)
2002 156 GTA