Transporting vehicles interstate - one less 105.

Started by MY105, September 17, 2012, 08:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MY105

I sold my periwinkle blue 1974 GTV 2000 to a fellow enthusiast in Victoria. Having received full payment, I organised to freight the car with CEVA transport. I used the fully covered service and watched the loading on to the truck. Unfortunately the truck rolled near Dubbo and the car was written off. I was told that the driver was not hurt. The buyer of the car was very concerned when I told him I was to use CEVA transport, as he had had a previous experience with them when a Porsche he was freighting had sustained $5000 in damages. Sadly, one less 105.    

GTV-074

Gee..... Thats a terrible story all round.....

Little consolation but lets hope the owner can get something out of Ceva for the loss. I am guessing they should carry insurance for this type of thing.

Good to hear no one was hurt too....

Cheers.
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?

MY105

CEVA's first offer to the owner was the Red Book price of the car. This was way off the value. After much negotiation, the owner was eventually paid what he had paid for the car, plus the transport cost. I was told that there were also some very unhappy Porsche owners who had vehicles in the same trailer.