I'll spare you the photo of the scar...
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Scott Farquharson

That is unbelievable - i think i'll steer clear of Branko.....i mean i'd snap like a twig
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Fast Eddie

Nice piece of metal bodywork replacement work there... Gary's?   :P
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Scott Farquharson

Did a doctor do that or did you get Mark down at the factory to weld that up....
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Sheldon McIntosh

Looks like they had the old mechanics' box-of-assorted-used-screws handy.

I'm sure they know what they're doing at a public hospital....

Scott Farquharson

Should they be at least kinda parallel....
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Sheldon McIntosh

I was thinking exactly the same thing, but I assume those two that are way out are near the break itself.  Looks like it, from my educated view..........

T'was funny the night of the break.  Me and Evan walk into the hospital, me quite drunk, him half drunk, and say "Got a hurt arm here"

I'm sure they're thinking, "oh yeah, another drunk who fell over", tell Evan to come this way......  Sighing all the way

Get his shirt off, the bloke looks at the back of Evans arm, turns almost as white as Evan and says "okay...we might schedule some X-rays........"  I thought he was gonna puke.  Hilarious, as Bruno, Teruo and I watched the V8s from Bahrain.

Evan Bottcher

The two smaller screws run diagonally through the break.  It does look a bit DIY though.  The surgeon looked very proud of himself actually.  He described how they lifted the large nerve that runs to my hand up off the bone to put the plate in place.  One slip of the scalpel apparently and I would be learning to type left-handed forever.

The night I broke it as Sheldon describes - I walked in saying "I think I must have snapped a tendon or something" and the nurse said "Hmm people who snap tendons or tear muscles don't tend to look as green as you, I bet it's broken" as she loaded me up with morphine.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Sheldon McIntosh

Funny though.  Bloody funny.  Especially the call to Feigh.

Show the scar!!

Neil Choi

Hey, I wonder if they used Alfa metal in your arm, it might just rust away and save the surgery to get it out later!!!!

Neil

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: Evan Bottcher on November 20, 2007, 09:16:28 PM
oookay.  Brace yerselves...

God, I wasn't serious.  It's bad enough you sent it to me, now you want the (Alfa) world to see as well?  Sick bastard.

Scott Farquharson

Ooooh, that's nasty....it would have been cool if he could have used say a bit of metal from the Sud in there.
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Victor Lee

Mmmm .... Evan and Andrew Scadding (from AROCA SA) can compare battle scars this weekend when the South Ozs come to the Phillip Island sprint this weekend!

Both incidents happened among fellow Alfisti!  If I recall, Andrew's happened at a Club go kart night when a kart crashed, when airbourne and landed vertically on Andrew's arm!  :o  Ouch!  And we all know about Evan's effort! 
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb