155 Super Tourer

Started by hammer, September 21, 2012, 09:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammer

Does anyone know what became of the Alfa 155TS that was campaigned by David Auger in the Australian Super Touring Championship? I was flicking through some old Lakeside results and spotted the 155 in the mix.

http://www.supertouringregister.com/picture/1209/

Cheers,

Brent

colcol

It is now running in the Hungurian Touring Car Series, [or something like that], there was a thread about this about 3 months ago, before that it ran in Asia, before that, in Australia, in Sports Sedans, before that, David Auger [Martin Brundle's former co-driver], ran it in the 2 litre Super Tourers, in Australia, before that it was owned by Garry Rogers, Valvoline Racing Team, driven by current Ford Performance Racing Endurance driver Steven Richards, it was a Dinki Di Italian Touring Car from Italy, that had never been raced, but used as a spare, before coming to Australia, it was rebodied after a particulary bad prang at Phillip Island, by a New Zealand car, as the 155 was sold there, David Auger was nerfed off at the Hayshed, by some Dickhead in a Vauxhall Vectra, the 'dickhead', whos name i am not going to mention,[but his son is racing in Formula Ford in Australia], had some history, Auger got turned around by him at Amaroo Park, and calmly got out of the 155, and stood next to the striken Alfa, took off his helmut, and when dickhead in his Vectra came round past the 155, Auger pitched his helmut at the Vectra, and put a good dent in it, this is most likely the last time Alfa had any glory in Motor Racing, apart from that, i don't know anything about it, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

hammer

Colin,

Thanks for the update. You sure are a wealth of info.

I truly wish I'd been paying attention when the super tourers were racing in Australia. I was immersed in the music industry in the 90s and paid very little attention to motorsport at all.

Cheers,

Brent

colcol

I went to the Calder, Winton, Adelaide G.P., Melbourne G.P. and Phillip Island, [where unfortuately Gregg Hansford lost his life], and the 2 litre Super Tourers were bloody awesome, it was just as the dinosaurs were taking off and there was a big push to denigrate them as not being manly enough, as they were only 2 litres, very excited to see a Valvoline Alfa Romeo 155 being raced by Steven Richards, now we have nothing,..... although there is the Winton 6 hour relay race, where i will be watching the many Alfa teams entered, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

aggie57

Is the 155 Q4 entered for the 6-hr?
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list