looking for a game

Started by indica1, December 14, 2007, 09:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indica1

i want to know if there is a racing sim that lets me race a 77 gtv as mine wont be drivable for years lol but a racing sim would  be better then sitting in my project and starting it and fantising

Jekyll and Hyde

Two off the top of my head:

Squadra Corse Alfa Romeo (S.C.A.R) - haven't played it, no idea what its like, but seems to have most of the Alfa Models from what I see (as you'd hope from a purely Alfa game!)
http://www.milestone.it/eng/SCAR/scar.html

And in Colin McRae Rally 2005, there is an Autodelta Alfetta Gtv which you can unlock some way into the game and rally around in - good fun.

Evan Bottcher

S.C.A.R. is absolutely terrible.  No comparisons to other racing games like Gran Turismo or even V8 Supercars (TOCA).  Even those don't count as "sims" but as arcade games they are great fun.  S.C.A.R. was no fun to drive, not remotely realistic.

I play GT Legends on the PC which is very very good (as long as you have a steering wheel).  It has an Alfa GTA that's great fun to drive.  Hmm now where did I put my steering wheel?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Victor Lee

I've got an microsoft force feedback steering wheel here!  Make me an offer!
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Fast Eddie

Quote from: Evan Bottcher on December 14, 2007, 10:15:46 PM
S.C.A.R. is absolutely terrible.  No comparisons to other racing games like Gran Turismo or even V8 Supercars (TOCA).  Even those don't count as "sims" but as arcade games they are great fun.  S.C.A.R. was no fun to drive, not remotely realistic.

agree with Evan that S.C.A.R. is a very dissapointing failure as a game but it is the only console game that is ALL Alfa!  Acquiring a cheap copy as at sale and it might be worth playing.

I have loved the TOCA series - V8 Supercar racer 1, 2 and am about 30% thru V83 and it is good fun but like most - very frustrating at times.

Apparently Forza (XBox only) is excellent.
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Evan Bottcher

If anyone wants a copy of S.C.A.R. you're welcome to mine.  First to PM me can come around and take the *&%$ game away.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal