Alfa SZ for sale

Started by Onno le Roy, December 29, 2011, 07:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onno le Roy

Alfa SZ, chassis ZAR16200003000341, number 305 of the 1036 that were built. Car was imported/compliance checked into New Zealand (that is where the car is) and registered in June by current owner. Car came from Dubai where current owner used it for over a year. Car was purchased with 5200km on the speedo. Currently sits at 18000km. It is in fine condition – just completed a 7000km trip on the south island. Service history starts with current owner only. Local service was provided by AROC NZ member. The car is also known by the SZ registrar in the Netherlands, Eduard van de Beek.

The car is in near perfect condition, as good as a regular driver can be really, without being concours condition
• Brand new:
o SS exhaust system without cat, from downpipes to original rear muffler
o Mechanical belt tensioner
o Bosch battery
o Silent blocks front sway bar
o Windscreen wipers Bosch S48
o Door rubbers (not the small ones)

• Modifications
o Squadra corse chip – http://www.squadra-tuning.com/
o Matching grille in front of condenser aircon (bumper) and oil cooler (under the car)
o One way valve added to brake booster vacuum connection
o Fan rewired to remain activated with ignition off and override switch installed
o Plastic trim around rear glazing removed and replaced by top qualitry marine/automotive grade window sealant "sikaflex" to ensure the car is water proof as opposed to the original trim which turns the car into a swiss cheese. Front windscreen to follow soon.
o 3M stone protection film fitted to headlights and bumper

• Car comes with
o Spare parts – clutch master cylinder and other bits and pieces.
o Alfa SZ car cover in brand new bag
o Alfa SZ original parts book
o Alfa SZ workshop manual - PDF and hardcopy
o Alfa SZ leather wallet with glove box booklets

• Car is complete apart from the following
o No spare wheel nor leather bag for spare wheel
o No original tools other than wheel spanner and spark plug spanner
o No first owner certificate

• Car was recently featured in
o Car Middle East in Dubai - http://www.carmiddleeast.com/article-2-2013-1991_alfa_romeo_sz
o Wheels Magazine in Dubai
o The National Newspaper in Dubai

Car was also exhibited, along the Alfa 8C, at the Alfa Centenary celebration at the Alfa dealer in Dubai

• Minor imperfections yet to be sorted by new owner. I believe in honesty so have listed what I consider requires attention.
o Front face of dashboard (where it meets the glass) has curled up a bit due to excessive heat. Dash needs to be removed and it then should be an easy fix.
o One of the roof lining fibre glass panels is broken under the lining (covered with imitation leather). Easy fix.
o Tiny spot on the carpet, just behind the passenger seat.
o The front windscreen still has the bad original plastic trim and I certainly would replace this with Sikaflex, to avoid water entering the car. On top of that, the flush finish of the sikaflex looks much better too.
o Since the car had not been used for years before I purchased it, kids had put some scratches on the paint work. Consequently the bumpers, bonnet, roof, spoiler, sills and top of the rear quarter panels were repainted, using the original colour. The original paint has faded a fraction overtime though so there is a slight difference in colour.
o Car is pretty clean underneath. Suspension requires a coat of paint.

Enquiries over $30,000, best to onnolr@gmail.com

Victor Lee

Jim N:  you reading this?

I assume it's Aust Dollars not NZ Dollars?
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Onno le Roy

Correct - over AUS$ 30k I am happy to receive emails from interested parties.

jimnielsen

yes,  I read it with interest, Victor. It's left hand drive though.. is yours? I wonder if it could be imported on the same 'rally' basis?
'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
'90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 IE - my god! I can compete in Trofeo class!! -

aggie57

Quote from: jimnielsen on December 30, 2011, 07:51:09 PM
yes,  I read it with interest, Victor. It's left hand drive though.. is yours? I wonder if it could be imported on the same 'rally' basis?

Or left in NZ until its the requisite age to be imported. I could probably do you a deal on that Jim  ;D

They're all LHD anyway aren't they?
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Davidm1600

Correct, they only came in LHD to the best of my knowledge.  Not sure if anyone has converted to RHD ??  Anyway LHD is fine, and they can be registered on Rally SI (well in Tassie anyway). Not sure for you mainlanders what the go is.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

1969read

I have "read" perhaps wrong one was converted in NZ using 75 components, which makes a better car for our roads, Jason

Victor Lee

Not aware of a New Zealand RHD SZ?  But there was definately one RHD conversion done by Autodelta in the 90's, now resides in South Africa with a 3.5lt 12v v6.

Yes, mine was imported on a Rally Permit (to get the car into the country).

But for use on our Victorian roads there are a few hurdles before VicRoads will issue a Rally Permit. See: http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Registration/PermitsModificationsAndDefects/OtherPermits/RallyPermitScheme.htm

Tasmania appears to be a bit more lenient to these type of cars.

Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Onno le Roy

As far as I know the RHD by Autodelta was in NZ years ago, before it went to SA.

massiveluvbuddy67

Hi,
My suggestion is that anyone interested have a chat with Marc Berard (marc.berard1@three.com.au). He has brought all five Australian SZs into the country. He runs a business that speciallises in importing Italian classics/exotics. He offers a "go to whoa" service. Trust me, you do not want to undertake importing a car from overseas unless you have a lot of experience and time. I did it the first tme and have subsequently left it to the professionals like Marc. Less painfull and less costly.

The SZ in NZ...
Seems like a lot of car for the $. I have contacts in Auckland and Christchurch (they are busy cleaning up though) who could check the car out if anyone is interested.
Best Regards
Phil

Sheldon McIntosh

Where is the car?  I happen to be in the South Island of NZ at the moment, could possibly do high-res pics/road tests for any interested Vic Alfisti.....

I'm on the West Coast for the next couple of days, then Queenstown and Wanaka, then Christchurch/Akaroa. 

Oh yeah, and the scenery sucks, the roads are boring, and the rental car could do with an Alfa V6 (only one of these statements is true).

Onno le Roy

The car is in Auckland. In terms of getting someone to look at it - I understand Don Hopping will be visiting sometime in January....

Sheldon McIntosh

Onno le Roy

Quote from: Phil Nash on December 31, 2011, 05:55:20 PM
Hi,
My suggestion is that anyone interested have a chat with Marc Berard (marc.berard1@three.com.au).

Phil, I tried to make contact with Marc Berard but the email does not seem to work. Does anyone have more updated contact details for him?